Monday, September 04, 2006

Apa nak jadi dengan Shah Alam

I was woken up in the wee hours of Sunday morning by the ringing of my handphone. I hate early morning phone calls as usually only bad news can't wait. Unfortunately my phone was not next to me as usual and it sounded so muted and far away. I jumped to my big, large handbag ( En Azman, now do I really appreciate why you hate my big, large handbags ) and the phone stopped ringing mid-rummaged. When I finally located the phone it was my best friend listed as missed call and it was 3.30 am. Oh boy. I called her back, no answer.
At that time Dan was already awake and I was already sweating, anticipating doom. I sat down, cradling my precious phone when it rang again. Intruders in the house. Please call the police. Aaa..... meremang bulu roma and I jumped and did the chicken dance. I called the police while performing the century old ritual for my husband to admire. I barked my plea for help to them and danced some more. I wanted to call her but too afraid of her current situation to do so. Is she hiding and if she is, then my call would actually alert the intruders of her location. Is she fighting with them ( she has a black belt that one ) and if it is so she wouldn't have the extra hand to answer my call and she might get distracted. So I called the police again to ask if they have been saved. I told the police that I simply do not know if the 'orang jahat' are still in her house. I took off my jammies and while I was putting on my jeans, Dan asked me what the hell do I think I am doing. I said to go and make sure she is okay of course and he said, " Sapa nak teman anak2 kita ?"
Right, there were actually only 4 of us in the house and we really do not know if the house has been surrounded and if there is actually a police stand-off ( is that the right word ? Yeah yeah, too much telly ). So I called the police once more and they answered with "Ini kejadian baru ke atau yang tadi tuh?" Okay..... I called her but her phone was engaged and I sms'ed her asking if she was okay. She replied that the culprits had left and they are talking to the police.
So I couldn't sleep. Dan too couldn't sleep but it is much worse for him since he has to go to work. I went to dreamworld around 6'ish and woke up at 10. I gathered my children, put them right and went to her house. I hugged her and was so glad that she is still in 1 piece. Her son very eloquently told me of his experience, that brave boy. Apart from 2 broken doors and a few stolen items, everything seems to be okay.
About 3 weeks before the break-in, my best friend's husband actually told Dan that there has been a spate of robbery in that area. 3 houses I think. Last week another mutual friend of ours, had their house burglarised ( hmm... the way I put it, sounds like they asked for the house to be burglarised ) but this time it involved some tying up the victims action. This is really scary. My own house has been broken into 5 times !! Well, they actually successfully entered the house twice but the rest they tried to but was not successful.
The felons apparently were Indonesians, all 5 of them and it fits the description of the crooks that entered their neighbour's house last time. So what is Malaysia going to do ? This is not a new story. Apart from our own Malaysia bred criminals, we have to deal with foreign villains too ? Malaysians are so lazy, we have to find people from abroad to come and do work for us. While the blessed Malaysian are gallivanting, lepaking and doing nothing, we have to rely on these foreigners to make sure our economy is moving. And therefore, when these foreigners create havoc in our country, the lazies just keep on gallivanting, lepaking and doing nothing. And much worse, if they too participate in these nefarious activities.
What are the police doing ? Why does it take them 20 minutes to get there when they could run to her house and made it in 10. There has been a few robberies in that particular area so what is their preventative action ? Are they policing there more ? I mean what is the plan here ? When I called the police last time, the first time they made in 10 which is okay and the next he ( there was only 1 plain clothed officer ) made in 5 and did some leaping that really impressed Dan and myself. To give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe it was a busy night for them and their manpower was strecthed thinly. Hmmm...........

4 comments:

Sheik said...

Kena buat panic room la kalau macam ni....

Sheik said...

My uncle was police officer in PJ - the highest crime rate area in Malaysia. Siang, population PJ ada 1.4 mil, malam ada nearly 4 mil. He was in JSJ (Unit Samun dan Kehilangan Harta Benda). Selalu kena flu pasal tak cukup tidur. 3 hari sekali kena kerja 24 hrs. But the sad thing is, although 7 am shif habis, masa tu la nak kena bawak OKT pergi mahkamah untuk dapatkan perintah tahana reman... end up kerja 36 jam... Shah Alam - i dunno... memang ade polis rajin dan mmg ade polis malas... ada polis baik dan ade polis garang (especially bila dekat nak raya).

Sheik said...

Nampaknya aku sorang je kasik comment nih! huk ala, bila petang je ujan la pulak.... kalau pekena kopi tua + pisang gorengz ni memang sedhop! FYI, kalau sesiapa ada pergi kuliah Ustaz Nuruddin al-Banjari kat Masjid USJ9, bole mintak ijazahkan amalan doa Hizbul Bahri.Doa ni baik untuk perlindungan diri, keluarga dan harta-benda.

Maklumat kuliah ust Nuruddin:
http://www.abuanis.blogspot.com/

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Itule. Right now the children are sleeping in our room balik sebab sebelum ni they sleep in their own room and both of our room doors are open. Just imagine kalau ada org masuk. Last week rumah Nadia Aziz kat Sek 2 org masuk. Habis semua org kena ikat !!!!