Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The incident that happened very early in the morning

Decided to park outside the office compound today so that it will be easier for me to go for my meeting. The grass was wet as usual, due to dawn rainfall or just morning dew. Anyway, when I was about to open the door, I detected the unholy smell of crap. Ish.... Looked around but saw nothing.
Went to me desk and as I crossed my leg, I had another whiff of the smell again. Yikes, there are brown stains on my shoe. Literal crap !! Went to samak my feet, my hands, my kain and my shoes. But the smell lingered and I felt dirty. 12.30, my CEO, En Azman signalled to me it is time for our meeting at KLCC. Gosh, couldn't feel more unsophisticated in my meeting life !!
As I got out his car I enquired if he has other meetings to attend after this one and he replied yes, at 2.30 in Setiawangsa. Why ? Oh, I stepped on some crap and since I will be praying later on, I am wondering if you would mind me buying a new outfit ? Sure, he said if we finish before 2.
Okay, went to meeting, blah, blah, blah, finished at 2pm. Left the meeting place and he went straight to Isetan. It is 2pm now. I reminded him that he has a meeting at 2.30. No it is fine, he said as I will have to pray later on. Okay boss. So I went to Isetan and shopped for an outfit at record time. 2.30 pm as I was paying, he said he is already late, so why don't I just follow him to his next meeting. I apologised again and again and he said it is fine. No problem.
What an understanding boss. Not just any boss but a CEO that is mentioned in CEO magazine, as one of the top CEOs in Malaysia. A very down-to-earth guy. I believe everybody at the top should be as humble as my boss, then we would truly have a good working life. Next week is his birthday, and I have bought him his present. Semoga panjang umur and murah rezeki EN AZMAN.

3 comments:

liadevega said...

Baiknya boss you...bertuah badan. Tapi I don't understand why you have to drag him to buy the new outfit? Tak leh beli sendiri ke?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sebab dah memang kat KLCC. SO sekali lah. Lagipun he drove. My boss memang baik. We can tell him that we are taking a long lunch sebab nak pi shopping. 80% of the time he gave his permission and 70% of the time dia nak ikut.... hehehheheh

Sheik said...

1 dalam 1,000,000 boss macam tu...memang ade tapi jarang-jarang jumpa.