Monday, November 09, 2009

Again... my weekend

I have to admit that I sometimes malas gila nak chronicle my weekends. But when I think of the days when I re-read my blog and the events of the weekends were re-freshed and made me happy… well… so I take a deep breath now and begin my story …

Sometimes my weekend started on that very Friday. Don’t think I did anything special… Well… Kamil did ask me to have ice-cream at Burger King with him. But seeing my very dimpled thighs made me a bit reluctant to go. We talked and argued about going, at one point I blinked then I saw the sun.

He he… terlena rupanya…

My friend Jubei asked if I had wanted to go to pasar with her but I declined because the last time we went on a Saturday, I didn’t get to feed my children before their piano classes. But that didn’t stop me from ordering from her though. Imagine my surprise when she rang at 7.30 am, saying she was in front of the house.

La… last time we made it back by 9.30 ! If I knew she was going around 6.30 then I would have gone with her. The sight of Luqman sleeping at the back seat of the car made me feel really guilty.

Okay next time we go together okay Bei… pukul 6.30 pagi sempat lah…

Went to Cili Merah driving my new car. Saw a very familiar face, grinning at me by the side of the road, in front of the restaurant. Hmmm…. macam kenal je minah ni… Tapi sapa yek ? When my children yelled “Cik Yin ! Cik Yin !” happily barulah aku perasan adik aku ropanya. Terlompat-lompat tepi jalan, tak sabaq-sabaq nak test drive kereta. Left the vehicle to her and Hyrul to drive while we ate. Bumped into Kamalia and Sheik and their adorable children. Sheik though declined to test drive the car. Banyak masa lagi, he said. True, true.

I made lunch then started baking. I had an order of chocolate muffins and cottage pie to fulfill. Made extra for dinner with my family. Ita came with cousin Tia and we baked somemore. Chicken pie, vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing and buttercream icing and cheese tarts.

The kids were happy licking the green, purple and pink coloured icing. Took the whole lot to my mom’s house and we started eating by 9. Kamil was complaining by then as he was already hungry. Ravenous in fact… he he…

The cupcakes and the lebihan chocolate muffins and the very sikit cheese tarts. Most of the tarts were in Hyrul's tummy by now. I love the pink icing as it has a very mild taste of strawberry.


Mum made Meehoon Singapore (Ah Zee… betui tak ada kat Singapore ? Sebab Mee Bandung tak dak kat Bandung.. Aku tau.. Aku dah check dah….) and we had a grand time eating. Hyrul kept popping the cheese tarts in his mouth. He loves all the desserts and was very, very complimentary. Thank you future bro-in-law… I know you will fit right in with us.

Makan..


We were a bit tired of the cottage pies really but since Ayah wanted some, so I made some for him but this time, I made it ala-Italiano. The rest of the family though attacked Mum’s meehoon and the chicken pie.

My parents and their girls...

My parents and their cucus...


After our bellies were full, we moved to the living room and talked and gossiped, reluctantly leaving the house at 12.30 am… Biasalah kan…. It was too late for Tia to go back to her dorms so she followed us home and made use one of the empty rooms. She and Kamil spent some time sorting out the hamsters first though. We retired close to 2 am.

It doesn’t take a genius to know that we had fought hard to wake up for Subuh. Big mistake was we went back to sleep and it was harder still to rouse ourselves from the bed to send the kids to play tennis. Went straight to Cili Merah for breakfast and bumped into Yasmin and Farid and their family pulak… HE he…. Farid and Min took a turn driving the car while we ate and had a discussion about it when they came to return the key. I do love my life. Not the car okay, but my friends that I keep bumping into.

Kamil's mom called as soon as we got into the car for home. She suggested Awana Genting for lunch so by 10, we made our way back to the kids, fetching them earlier than we should in order to get to Genting before lunch. MIL called again just before we get to the kids, canceling Genting and changing it to Sari Ratu Kelana Jaya instead.

Since we were already in the car, we went for a drive, checking out new housing areas at Sek 23. After feeding the kids, Kamil took Abang and Adik to the barber. Abang badly needed his hair trimmed. Dah kembang macam mangkok dah… He he… itu Cikgu dia cakap... When he told us he was laughing but then mid-story he got upset and started blaming us for allowing his hair to grow like that.

Iyelah….

While they were gone, I quickly took out the ingredients to try a new chocolate chip cookies recipe, intending to surprise my family with the smell of baked good. At the end, I was the one who was surprised as I was just measuring the flour, my family returned to me, hair unshorn. “Ramai giler orang kat situ….”

Hmmm…. Tak jadi surprise. But I continued baking and 30 minutes after that the house was filled with lovely smell of sugar and butter and chocolate. Yummm… My kids tak sabar-sabar nak rasa so they wolfed down the still warm cookies.

“Mummy, these are really good….” Said Abang. Alhamdullilah. Tak payah lah aku campak buku resipi ni.

“Mum… you are the best mother in the world… You really like to make me happy….” He he… thank you Adik. I strive to make you and your brother permanently on cloud nine.

Kamil also loves the cookies so I was glad. Budak-budak ni semua sedap. Nak ambik hati Bapaknya tu kadang-kadang susah sikit. Ada aje yang tak kena… So his stamp of approval took all the tiredness away.

We didn’t realize that it was almost the time to have lunch with the ILs. Hambat budak-budak pi mandi, I covered the rest of the cookie dough and I too got ready. My PIL was already seated and soon my SIL and her family arrived.

I had my normal Ais Teler (nangka and kelapa only okeh.. sago merah tu and benda putih2 tu I dowan. Please hold the avocado too… But I got one with everything in except for the avacados. Okaylah… what to do….), my very crispy sambal ubi, gulai ikan (I usually ordered gulai sotong but my knees sometimes feels funny so malas aku nak menambahkan lagi rasa funny nya itu) and sambal terung. Nasik ¼ sebab lauk berlambak. Plus budak-budak bila dah jumpa sepupunya, mana ingat makan so Dan and I had to finish off their very lovely fried chicken.

Balik the kids wanted to be with their grandparents so we went home and watched the telly. Well that was Kamil, I had to finish baking. By 5 went out again to collect my mom and my sister and we shot off to visit the tailor.

He he… sukanya ada baju baru… Bahagia hidup. Cun pulak tuh… Baju bukan aku. Kena cakap awai-awai sebelum hangpa kutuk aku…

Picked up Neti on the way back, sent my mom and sister back before going off to Kamil’s sister’s to pick up the children. Exchanged the kids with a jar of cookies as a thank you and went home. After Maghrib Kamil and I went to Giant for supplies. But when we got home, Adik was already asleep ! Without dinner !!

Siannya.

I russled up a quick dinner of chicken sandwiches. My family were just peckish as we had a huge lunch so the sandwiches was just nice. Tia came with her many, many hamsters and took the blue room again for the night. “Kak… offer lah sapa-sapa yang nak hamsters…” Sian dia. Ialah she lives in a dorm so she can’t keep all her lovelies. Okaylah Tia, I will try to find them a good home.

Watched Babylon AD a bit, intersperse with watching the hamsters madly scurrying about then sleep. I left Kamil at the couch to watch football.

Then… well, here I am, on a Monday writing an entry for my blog.

7 comments:

Desert Rose said...

Abisss, aku bila nak merasa naik your new ride *moncong*

Anonymous said...

tak yah la rasa kesian..anak2 i memang pantang naik kereta...nak tidur.....:)

Anonymous said...

eh..silap...bukan rasa kesian...tak yah nak rasa bersalah.... :)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sila hadirkan diri anda di Cili Merah Sabtu pagi dalam pukul 9 atau Ahad pagi dalam pukul 8.30.

Dak pun esok2 nak pi tengok wayang kan ? Hang drive lah... Aku ni memang malaih bawak kete..

Ah-Zee said...

i remember u mention MeeHoon Singapore in a previous entry. I teringin jugak nak tgk n rasa ur Mum's MeeHoon Singapore, mana tau lebih special from the usual meehoon goreng we are used to eating here. In our family, we simply call it meehoon putih, as opposed to mee siam which is orangey due to chili paste being an ingredient and meehoon style cina due to the addition soy sauce. Meehoon putih is basically left ermm.. putih and d touch of "heat" and taste comes mainly from white pepper,chicken stock, abit of oyster sauce... just a bit.. to maintain its "putihness". Of coz, my mum will lump in some seafood, carrots, mushrooms, kailan for colour and texture into her meehoon. Makan ngan jeruk cili hijau. Sama tak?

PS: with regards to your earlier query as to whether i have a blog, my answer is nada! zilch ! i find my life uninteresting n cant imagine others wanting to read abt me even. hehehe. pesbuk pun takde. nanti2 once i tergerak hati nak open an account, u'll be amongst the first i shall add in.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Bei I rasa kesian je kena kejut awal2...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ah Zee... nolah this mee hoon SIngapore is definitely hitam... I will ask my mom for the recipe...

Btw.. my life is not interesting either but I write is sort of like a journal.. for me to remember life.. Am waiting for you add....