Monday, November 02, 2009

My weekend

Is it Monday already ?

Damn.

Must be since my eyes just refused to open. On the days I am not required to park my butt here at the office, I would be up and about by 6 am, full of energy and vigour and what nots.

But come weekdays, I suddenly need a rest.

I had a wonderful weekend. In fact, I had a fun weekend friends.

Nice.

My fun weekend started Friday. I had a date with my BFF Amelia for a jog at 6. Sadly it was cancelled because she was stuck in KL due to the very massive jam. What is new ? I shudder at the thought okay ?

Noreen sms-ed me around 7, dangling a nice girls’ night out since she knew Kamil was working late. I jumped at the chance. I fed my kids with their favourite dish, announcing Mummy’s plan to go out while they ate to lessen the blow. He he….

Adik insisted on opening the door to the friend who was taking her Mummy out for a good time without her, reminding Mummy not to be late. He he… cute.

Noreen took me to Wundermilk and I have to say the place is wonderful. I love the mismatched furniture and the deco. The ambiance was friendly and very informal while maintaining a bit of class. The cupcakes were delish too. I love the vanilla and choco orange.

We had a good time talking and I was so relaxed. Then Babah called to ask for my whereabouts and his desire to join us. Hmm…. Tak boleh tengok orang senang. But good thing too as we were kicked out of the shop promptly at 10.30 and as soon as I got out of the cool night air, Babah arrived with who else, Ian lah., fresh from their work event.

We took the night to Showru in Kelana Jaya next where we bumped into lovely Tunku Tini and her family. Kamil had to send Ian to their office for his car so Noreen and I had quite a good 20 minutes for more girly chat, stuffs that no men want to hear. Ha ha…

We talked and looked at other diners and talked some more, leaving the place way after midnight.

Saturday was another fun filled day for me. After sending the kids to their classes, I rushed to SACC for a reflexology session with darling Desert Rose pulak. We talked non-stop and I mean non-stop because I was 15 minutes late from picking up my children. I really wished we had more time as it was not enough ! After the session, we yapped our way to the escalator and stopped at level 1, totally obstructing the traffic to talk for another 20 minutes ! DR, lain kali aku akan paksa Kamil balik awai ambik anak-anak dia sebab cerita tak habih lagi !!!!!

I made a very quick lunch of sandwiches, corn and cold potato salad, of which that I shoved in the freezer for 10 minutes to make it cold… ha ha. Baked chocolate cake, tried out a new chocolate frosting that I have to admit was amazing as my kids and my husband polished of the frosting and left the cake bare. The cake wasn’t that good anyway, was trying a new recipe. Remind me to throw that piece of paper in the bin. What a bloody waste.

Amelia arrived at 5.30. I jumped in her car while her son jumped out. We made our merry way to a jogging track nearby and I talked some more. We came back sweating and happy, resuming our chatters in my kitchen while drinking loads of water and looking at Amir and Adik, engrossed in their own conversation.

“We should take pictures…” said Amelia. I though was busy planning their wedding. Maybe this time we get to be family after many failed attempts. He he…. I know, too soon but a mother can hope, can’t she ? My daughter would have the best mother in law ever and the best of husband (because he is being raised by that best MIL ever just now). That is all I ever want for my child….utmost happiness.

Kamil wanted to catch a movie so we trooped of to The Curve after Maghrib. Sadly the show we wanted to see was only available at midnight so we went to have a nice dinner instead.

Noreen and Ian dropped by around 10 bearing home made chocolate cake and we settled again to chat until close to 2 am. Kamil as usual was asleep in front of the telly, oblivious to the huge amount of langsat peels (courtesy of Amelia… thanks darling) and conversation going on around him.

Early Sunday as usual due to the children’s tennis class. Kamil and I had breakfast and sent the cars to be washed while waiting for them. We feasted on nasi kenduri kawin for lunch, thanks to our darling Yasmin’s invitation. It was her brother’s wedding, just to be clear. Ha ha… The food was super delicious by the way.

We had another round of fun as most of our close friends came one by one and shared our table. We only left the wedding when I realized there were guests who were looking for an empty place. Better make a move on then.

Balik and terus masak laksa. When it boiled a bit, not fully cooked, we rushed out to our club for a game of bowling. Dearie me, Kamil and I hadn’t played in a looooong time so our game was horrible. Kamil couldn’t accept it as he was quite the bowler, really. Abang was crying buckets as he didn’t manage to knock any pins at all. Adik though had better luck. By the 6th frame, she had managed to score 22 points, Abang nil. Luckily at the end of the game, Abang managed to score 22 points. Adik though won by 2 points.


Adik was in a such happy mood, not caring if she managed to knock any pins off. At one point after my second nil frame, I turned around to be greeted by Adik’s, “You suck !” Aku penampaq sekali padan muka. Jaga hang.

We went to 1Utama to jalan-jalan after that. We hadn’t been there in the longest of time as a family. Had dinner at DeliFrance then home.

Then sleep. Seriously, I slept immediately afterwards as I was too tired. Tak tengok pun apa habaq kuah laksa. This morning I heated it up and forgot to tell Neti... I only remembered about it when I got to the office. I quickly sms-ed her… Hope she read it. Kalau tak… I have to secretly make a new batch. Kamil sure bising if he knows.

Hmmm………

No comments: