Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Noreen got me thinking....

As a rule, I love to cook. And I love it if people come over to the house and eat my offerings.

A great recipe to open an eaterie ?

Well not necessarily as my cooking is not constant. Sat sedap sat tak sedap.

Noreen suggested last week that I should open up a place like Wundermilk.

Hmm…

I like to cook. Two days ago I made chocolate cake from a recipe given by a friend. It didn’t turn out well. It was my second attempt from the same recipe. Just didn’t turn out as nice as my friend made it. I made a lovely creamy chocolate forsting to go with it… I had to keep it in the fridge as there is no point icing a cake that was intended for the bin.

Ian came yesterday. I had asked Kamil to buy ingredients for a new recipe earlier so I still baked. Mainly because I still have the said frosting. Sadly though since it had been in the fridge for a few days, plus I didn’t keep in a plastic container properly just in a bowl and then wrapped in plastic, the frosting now has a very fridgey taste. Sayang kan.. really hate to waste. As I baked I explained to Ian my predicament. He advised that I should stick with what I am already good at, which is my butter cake. Ian loves my butter cake. He had it once and raved about it a lot. Hmmm…. was that a hint, Ian ?

Anyway, I sort of agreed with him but I would like to be able to bake other types of cakes too. Hence you would always catch me baking if you drop by my house. And I love to hear your comments seriously. People have to tell me if it my baking in edible or otherwise.

So my chocolate cake yesterday was loved by Adik… Well nothing new from that front. Kamil was asleep on the sofa but I still put one in his hand. He ate while sleeping... Cute. His sleepy predicament was it wasn’t sweet enough…. Well… since the frosting was rather sweet… so okaylah kan. Just have to remember to put in more sugar if I ever decided to serve it naked. Ian said it was very moist in the middle but a bit burnt at the bottom.

Yeah… ha ha… the recipe stated the baking temperature in Fahrenhait. So aku belasah aje … It turned out the temperature was too high. Luckily I didn’t bake them all. So tonight will bake the rest at the right heat.

Hopefully it will turn out okay.

Oh and I found a chocolate babycake recipe that is supposed to have melted chocolate flow out of the individual cake once you cut it. Can’t wait to try that one out… although I need ramekins to bake them in.

So … I do love to cook… But is that enough to warrant me to open up a cafĂ© ?

Nak juai apa ? Chicken pie ? Lasagna ?

Ha ha… so when my friends come over, what will I serve them then ?

Whatever it is Noreen… I have to say, I am rather intrigued.

But the fact remains, am I good enough ?

Hmmm…………….

4 comments:

Ah-Zee said...

individual cakes wif melted choc flowing out tuh also known as molten cake kan? kalau tak silap laa. kalau silap, hehehe, buat dunno je laa comment i nie.

dulu i berangan2 nak come up wif a shop which sells everything chocolate and chocolatey, from truffles, choc beverages, choc desserts, basically anything and everything to do wif chocolate.(i rasa idea nie is not a novelty kan? there might already exist such shops) Sapa2 yg masuk dlm shop i mesti kena chocolate overdose punya. I even had a shop name in mind. It was to be called "Sinfully Chocolatez". cerita pasal ni, tiba2 je lagu "Angan2" Raja Ema terngiang2 kat telinga i. hehehe.

anyways, i think d interest must be coupled by being business savvy, more so the latter than former. contohnya kat s'pore nie, there's a famous snack stall called Old Chang Kee. It started off selling curry puffs and broaden its array to spring rolls, gyoza, fishballs, sotong cutlets, etc. The concept is simple, convenient and to-go snacks, eat while u walk. Sekarang nie, the snack stalls have mushroomed all over and I heard of a possible overseas franchise. When we encounter such success stories, dun we instantly wonder "y din i think of that?" Sbb we are not business savvy... yet, dat is. :)

Ah-Zee

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yes Ah Zee... u r right... It is molten babycakes... Sounds yummy kan ? Any your chocolate shop sounds lovely too.... I pictured a bar with high stools. Chocolates and candies on display in huge glass jars... nice... Macam kedai dalam cerita Enid Blyton aje.

I agree with u too on the business savvy point. I am not sure I have enough of that to do it... hence the huge self doubt. Not that I have not thought of it before. My best friend Amelia has been urging me to get into business from the start... but I am afraid of failure... As of right now, orang yang order sikit2 pun I meroyan until they call to say everything was okay... Kalau tak call aku meroyan lama sket... he he...

I have to find more courage... And tunggu laki aku jadi kaya... so kalau apa2 jadi pun he can support me.... Always need something to fall back on...

Sheik said...

cita2 kami (aku dan sib) yang terkubur...nak pakai t-shirt dan selipar sambil jual ikan kat pasar, tapi bawak X5...hahahaha sungguh logik angan2 itew....

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Angan2 itu mmg logik sebab org jual sayur pun pakai Mercedes...