Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Of Roast Chicken

Yesterday I left the office quite late. I stopped by Tesco for potatoes and mixed vege and on a whim bought Tesco’s roast chicken. Maybe to go with mashed potatoes or rosti ? Or maybe au gratin ? Err…. Maybe mashed lah… senang sikit. Ha ha…

Anyway rushed home as it was quite late by my normal standard. On the way home though I was rather confused because I went to Tesco specifically to buy the tatters and mixed veg. Takkan lah I thought of the side dishes first before deciding on the main course, which now happened to be roast chicken ? Jenuh aku dok cuba ingat… apa benda yang aku nak masak to be paired with the tatters and the veg ?

Lantaklah.

Arriving home, I inhaled the wonderful aroma of the roasted chicken. Yumm… I could smell it in the car sure but to be smelling it outside on the open air dah kira bagus dah ni. Must be really fresh chicken.

Opening the door, I was slapped with such a strong smell of roast chicken that I frowned in bewilderment. Which then turned into resignation like a second after that. Baru aku ingat. Baru sekarang nak ingat. As I entered the kitchen, I could see the light that emaninated from the oven. And I know what was in it. Chicken. Roasting for about an hour now, flavoured with lemon and rosemary.

So now I remembered that I went to Tesco to buy accompaniment for roast chicken which I already marinated in the morning and asked Neti to start roasting by 6pm. Mungkin dalam kepala hotak aku ni dok ingat roast chicken, roast chicken and bila lalu and nampak roast chicken aku pi terus beli.

So Kak Puteri, apart from OCD, apakah nama penyakit ku ini ?
.
At 9.30 pm while I was slowly trying to digest the fact that we would be having roast chicken sarnies the very next day, I saw Kamil rummaging for snacks and feeling guilty I asked if he wanted cookies. He of course nodded his head and so I opened up the fridge and spent a long time looking for butter.

Yilek.

Fullamak. For the first time ever, there is no butter waiting for me in the fridge.

Kamil said, “Itulah awak, guna butter tak ingat…”

Aku karate jugak mamat ni karang. Kalau aku guna butter tu bukan untuk kau ke yang makan ?

Haa…….

Dia kena jugak bercakap.
.
Orang tengah overload roast chicken ni tau dak, jangan buat pasai.

4 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

aku rasa nama penyakit hang is PELUPASITIS

Ah-Zee said...

i rasa ur disorder nie lain daripada yg lain, a culmination of several disorders into one : multiple personality cum OCD cum paranoia (schizo kot) cum dementia (this one not counted as mental disorder kan tapi takpe laa). sapa2 psychiatrist/psychologist bolehlah amik Myra as case study. DSM V pun blum published lagi so still sempat kot nak masuk dlm tuh. hehehe... jgn marah eh, gurau-senda je ;)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot... yes.... Aku suka Pelupasitis... thank u..

Ah Zee... I think I'll stick to Pelupasitis.... HA ha

Desert Rose said...

Owhhhh dalam tilikan Bomoh Esah pelupasitis adalah tanda2 pre- alzheimer atau pre- menopause...u choose *larikkkk