Monday, November 16, 2009

Panjang giler entry ni weii....

Time travels super, super fast as suddenly it is time for me to write about my weekend again. Hmmm….

Anyway… what happened Friday ? Nothing much I think because I couldn’t think what I ate for dinner let alone my activities. I remember going to pasar malam… and then.. did I cook for dinner ? I remember buying Neti’s dinner at the pasar malam so must have eaten outside… But kat mana ye ?

Damn I am old.

Anyway, after a very unremarkable Friday was a Saturday that started off like always. Except that I had to prepare an order of cream puffs early morning. While having a headache. Hmmm…..how is that gonna work out ? Don’t think it will very well so I told my maid what to do, and left her to it. She had seen me making cream puffs oftentime enough anyway so I had no real cause to worry.

Except well… it is hard to make cream puffs. The choux pastry is a bit mengada-ngada and frankly speaking, out of 3 batches, 1 would not make the cut. Worse, langsung tak jadi.

But there is nothing I can do about it so I swallowed a couple of panadols, went back to sleep and woke up just in time to send the kids to their piano class. Went back home, send Neti to her aunt’s then sleep some more. Woke up about 12 and tasted the puffs. Err….. the prognosis was not good.

Called the client to apologise but she said she still wanted it as it might go to waste. So filled in the custards, opened the door to the kids who came home with their Babah, waited for the client to come while watching Babah catch the hamsters and then off we went to IUtama for Kamil’s nieces’ birthday party, totting the hamsters in a new cage to be given as birthday presents.

I have forgotten the name of the venue, but it is where Dahlya does her indoor rock climbing. So the party apart from very, very good food included a round of rock climbing for the party-goers. Abang naik 1/3 of the wall dah keras bontot. The same with Adik but she was a bit better because she kept trying to conquer her fears. He he..

I did mention good food right ? We were served lovely pizzas, amazing sandwiches and the best chocolate cake I have ever tasted. Seriously, it was so good and yummy and it hit you at all the right places. I wish I could bake like that…. Hmmm….

Balik rumah and I really had to bake. My sisters were throwing a surprise birthday party for both of the partners and guess who is the chief cook again lah ? My mother is thanking her lucky stars that I love to cook as much as she does.

Sejak pandai masak daging merah, I cooked 2 kg worth of it. Asked Neti to fry her delicious nasi goreng from her aunt’s place and then desserts. Made chocolate tarts and some custard blueberry ones. Hyrul who didn’t know we were celebrating his birthday too, came to offer his assistance. At the same time he ate quite a number of the chocolate tarts which he helped to fill. Never mind, as long as you like them.

My sister meanwhile baked the chocolate birthday cake. Mom doesn’t like chocolate so I made strawberry cake.

By 8 pm, the situation became chaotic. My sisters planned for us to be at the house before any of the birthday boys. Daniel was on the way to mom’s house but we were still at mine decorating the cake. Kamil was piping the letterings on the confection but had to stop halfway since Hyrul was standing next to him, looking at his work. Camno nak tulis Happy Birthday Hyrul ? He he..

Kemudian pulak since Daniel was already on the way, Ita sent him to pick the kids from my house. He came, and we took such a long time to prepare the kids, just to buy a bit of time. But no point really as Hyrul was still with us. Kids went with their Mamu then came the realization that Hyrul was around. And Daniel was already on the way to Mom’s house.

Damn.

My sister at that point was fidgeting like mad, not knowing what to do and how to bloody handle the situation.

So I sent them out to buy drinks. As soon as we heard the bang of the front door, Kamil finished writing on the cake and we started cleaning up the kitchen. Rumah aku banyak semut okay and we were playing with sugar and butter the whole day. I do not want to throw the ants a party. I hate them. Passionately.

We left the house with a heavy heart to go to Mum’s …well because, not doing anything in an empty house felt like such a waste. He he… Saw Hyrul’s car parked outside of mom’s house when we got in and we were ushered by my other sister to a very dark patio. And the waiting game began. Marlin told Hyrul that they can only go inside the house when Daniel arrives. Kalau aku jadi Hyrul I would be thinking, what the heck for ? Hmm.. lantaklah korang.

Mum voiced her concerns that Daniel had the kids with him. “Ini mesti ada orang pecah rahsia..” A very wise person indeed my mother because as soon as the words escaped from her mouth, Ita received an sms from Daniel that simply said, “Ha Ha..”

Silap strategy. Ita accused Abang. Mummy pointed her finger at Ana. But my heart laid the blame on Adik. Minah tu is the biggest tattletale if ever there was one. Ther is nothing we can do about it now plus we still had to hold the fort as Hyrul was still clueless. Probably.


The waiting game. Duduk dalam kegelapan with the confetti poppers.



Ada orang ambik kesempatan dalam kegelapan kegulitaan itu. Tapi masih kantoi. Ha ha



And then they came, and Kamil and Ijat released the poppers full of confetti with a huge bang and we yelled “Surprise !!”. Hyrul was indeed surprised and Daniel was grinning from ear to ear.


Hyrul terkejut ! Marlin happy giler...


Who was the culprit ? Ana.. Tok Mi was right. How did she say it ? “Mamu… Mummy masak birthday cake untuk birthday Mamu tau …” Eeei…… budak ni. But Adik went “Eh.. takdelah Mamu.. Takde apa-apa.. Mana ada….” Kah kah…. Sorry Adik as I thought you were the one who were gonna blabber.


Birthday boys with the kids. Yang kat depan sekali rambut tebal tu yang blabber mouth nya... Nasib baik comel..


On the table were the desserts and the nasi goreng and then a huge ikan siakap masak kicap which is our firm favourite. We waited until the kobis goreng that came like 10 minutes after the unveiling and we started eating.



Birthday cake buatan sendiri. Hasil tulisan Kamil yang memang suka main benda-benda cam ni.



The chocolate tarts and the custard blueberry ones. The strawberry cake he he... terpecah dua sebab tak pegang betul-betul... Sungguh tak lawa.


As we ate, we heard Mum still clanging her wok in the kitchen and upon inspection, she was frying omelette. We slowed down our chewing and Kamil sighed, shaking his head. When Mum brought the omelette over to the table, I looked at Kamil and saw his very, very unhappy face. I will tell you why in the next entry, as per my explaination to Daniel and Hyrul as newcomers. Arwah Shera dah memang well acquainted with Kamil’s bone of contention dengan Mummy ni. Ha ha..


Blowing the candles. Please see the gorgeous food on display especially my mom's delicious fish.



Daniel loves the strawberry cake. So does my Mummy who kept picking at it. So it was a success and I am glad. We talked while enjoying the very breezy and cool night. It was heaven. We left the house close to midnight. Yawn… whose birthday is it next ?

Makan adalah acara paling best bila-bila dan di mana saja kita berada.

Ada witch yang tersesat... Penyapu dia terjatuh kat rumah kami so kami ajak dia join. Dia kata dia kenai Harry Potter. Satu sekolah depa dulu-dulu.


How we looked like from the dining room.

When I got home, bones creaking and very, very weary I noticed an sms with the best news ever ! No tennis class the next day sebab coach ada exam ! Thank you, coach’s uni !

Went to Cili Merah for breakfast and bumped into Marlin and Hyrul as usual. He he….Had the opportunity to see Hyrul tersalah tepuk orang which was very, very memorable. Very handy as something to laugh about whenever it surfaces. Keh keh

Went straight to Meru to pick up my baju kurung from a tailor there. Terlompat-lompat nak try when I got home, only to be disappointed as the baju was too big. Hairan. Contoh ada bagi tapi masih besar. Tapi sebab kain lawa, which I bought from Jubei, pakai jugak pi office hari ni. Besaq pun besaq lah.

I was just telling Kamil that since it is near 1pm, we have to think about feeding the kids when tak sampai 1 saat, Adik came running to us, asking about lunch. Since Mummy and Babah were still full from breakfast, Babah went to buy nasi ayam. Then Tok Mi came to lepak. Yahoo !

Mum left after an hour. She was just passing the house when she decided to stop. The day was cool and breezy, and a bit lembap, the sky was a bit grey .. Felt like I was in England. I was feeling very nostalgic and was thinking about my days there when suddenly I felt my face a bit wet. Laaa… dah terlena… Drooling siap.

I could feel Babah looking at me a few times when I came to. Hmmm….. why ? Yesterday’s conversation re-played, got a vague idea what was what and decided to try my luck. Hangpa tau kan dia ni suka main teka-teki. I looked at him and asked, “You nak cookies ke ?”

He looked relieved.

“Yelah… semalam janji nak buat….” Moncong a bit. Aduhai lah suami. Aku semalam buat cream puff lah, cake lah, tart lah and hari ni you still want me to open up my bakery ?

Took the butter (I really keep a lot of butter in the house….) and the other ingredients and started baking. Soon the house was filled with the delicious aroma of chocolate chip cookies. As I took out the first batch out from the oven, a familiar face emerged from the darkness of my dining room.

“Ami !!” He he… Finally here to take the hamsters. She came with her children, her husband, her sister and her cousin. So we sat, I had Emir in my arms, talking and eating the still warm cookies while the children and her sister and her cousin tried to catch the hamsters. One remained stubbornly in one of the spiralling tubes so Kamil and Nikman who was talking outside while Kamil washed the cars, had to come in and dismantle the tubes to take it out.

Their daughter Ain loves cookies so when I offered to tapau some for her, her eyes widen and she slowly nodded her head. Sweet. I will remember that look forever. Gave her the rest of the first batch to take home.

Mandi and prayed and then we went off to have dinner. Picked up Neti and then home. I washed the dishes and when I turned around, Kamil was already asleep on the sofa. Sigh. What is new ?

Korang.. sorry... Aku pun tak sedaq it will be this long. Patut buat 2 parts tadi...

4 comments:

Ah-Zee said...

i always look forward to your lengthy post-weekend entries. the longer the better. coz while others amik tea-break, i take blog-break to numb the dullness of work :)

like u, i too had ada sesi makan2 lazt saturday kat rumah auntie i. since she'll be leaving for Makkah this wed, we had a small kenduri for frens and family. as u already know, we all here tinggal in pigeon-holes so imagine fitting 50 or more ppl at one-go into a flat unit. Tinned sardines have it better than us! mind u, rumah auntie i tuh is wat we call here a 'maisonette' so kirakan quite spacious jugakla by our standard. imagine stacking high modest-sized double-storey terrace houses - that's how a maisonette unit is like, minus the carport & frontyard. how lovely kan it wud be to live in a house wif a patio and a small patch of green. hmmm, jgn harap la for that kinda luxury if u dun earn big bucks over here :(

i am picking up a bad habit of meleret with my comment in ur blog pulak. Sorry ye! actually, wat I had intended to write was that my weekend panned out quite similarly to urs. A weekend filled with food and family and fun(?) bakings. I cuba2 buat cupcake-sized blueberry cheesecake and carrot cupcakes y'day, Myra. Towards the end i got malas sbb i was at it quite late, ard 6pm and by the time i was done baking, it was 8pm. It was a cooling nite with light drizzle and i was tempted to just laze abt the house. Takpe, balik karang, i sambung ice my carrot cupcakes with frosting - provided there are still some left at home now. hmmmm, 2-day project pulak jadinya...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ah Zee, takpelah walaupun sempit-sempit sebab yang penting orang sudi datang... You feel so loved kan when people like to go to your house ?

Ah Zee, soon Malaysia will be like Singapore as asal ada copany buat rumah aje, kalau tak 500k to 1M tak sah... Even houses yang govt buat pun macam tu.. ada ke ? I wonder if my children will ever own a house... Hmmm....

Your carrot cake sounds lovely....

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

toksah buat 2-3 part lah... penat aku nak click2 byk kali.. heheh..

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot.. masaalahnya aku punya mata sendiri dok berpinar sebab penat...ha ha