Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Cerita lambat 2 hari...

Happy New Year, peeps !

Sorry, lambat sangat nak update… I had a very, very long weekend. Too much to tell, well more for my own reading really as I treat my blog like a diary. SO this is gonna be long.

Tuesday right after work, I went home to pick up hubby and kids and then straight to my BFF’s house for a small birthday party. Hers. Ha ha…. Aunty Gini made laksa and it was delicious. There was keropok to be crumbled into the laksa, cendol and excellent keropok leko. We ate loads.

We were there from 6pm till 11pm. It was heaven. Kamalia and family balik awai, but the rest of us tak reti nak balik. Kah kah…

Wednesday while I was having lunch, my sister called to say that my mom had collapsed and was in a small hospital in Shah Alam.

I was calm for some reason. I finished up my lunch before I went to the hospital. And then I panicked. First because the calls from Perak started. Her brothers and my grandma were firing questions about her condition. Since I just found out myself, I had nothing to say. But their calls suddenly made me a bit scared. And all, I mean ALL of her brothers were already on the way.

Second, seeing my mother on the hospital bed made me even more scared. My mother was awake but she couldn’t talk. She didn’t seem to recognize me either. It was scary. My brother and sister who sent her to the hospital were crying their eyes out. My dad was rushing from KL, he was in a middle of a meeting but left it to be with my mom.

The doctor told me that she needed a neurologist ASAP. Called my dad and he wanted to send mom to UH. My parents do not trust private hospitals as they believe private hospitals only have interests in money. But the doctor doesn’t agree as my mom needed to be under an MRI machine like 2 minutes ago. Going to UH would put her in a looong queue. So I asked for mom to be sent to SJMC.

Bapak climbed in the ambulance with her, Kamil and I went home to send Adik then we rushed to SJMC. At SJMC Kamil said, “Now we wait for your uncles to come…..”

Sigh. My uncles are very, very protective of their siblings, especially my mom, their Yong. To me, if the Perakians come, then things are definitely serious. Uncle Kamal arrived first with his wife, 2 daughters and his son Farhan who himself is a doctor.

Uncle E arrived like 20 minutes after that with Mak Nyah and my grandma. Uncle Mat who was on the way from Penang (he was on holiday… sian dia), called like every 1 hour.

Looking at my very worried realtives, Kamil remarked, “Tak semua orang boleh buat macam ni… Your mother has really good adik beradik….” I agree. That is why, I love my siblings with the same fierce intensity. And I love my uncles the same way.

Sebelum apa-apa, sempat jugak aku sms DR and cancel aktiviti merewang kami… Takpa laling, minggu depan kita buleh cuba lagi sekali, okeh… Ala… dah tak sale lah tapi….

Marlin stayed with Mummy in the hospital as I had to take my Uncle, my Aunt and my Grandma home. Uncle E walked to his car first. He has never been to my house and therefore had to follow us from behind. I was delayed at the lobby talking to my Bapak. When we drove out, saw Uncle E’s car, waved at him to make sure he saw us, he did, and we drove off.

Nak dijadikan cerita, as we drove pass seksyen 11, Uncle E called me. Heran gak.

“Err…. Uncle ada big problem ni….”

“Why ?” I asked.

“Uncle tinggal Wan dengan Mak Nyahnya kat spital !” And he chuckled, then laughed.

WHAT ?

“Uncle ingat Girl bawak Wan, pastu tadi Wan call Uncle tanya kenapa lama sangat….”

Apa lagi, aku pun gelak macam orang gila. Mati le... Wan aku dah tua-tua ni sensitive Ya Rabbi. Mesti merajuk maksima punya. After assuring Uncle E who was laughing hysterically (I think more of fear than mirth….) that I will pusing and pick her up, I called my brother who was still in the hospital to take my Grandma and my Aunt home. Left Uncle E at home and straight away went to Cili Merah to tapau dinner. It was about 11 pm. Nasib baik I called earlier to order. Wan arrived with muka 5 duit (I would too kalau kena tinggal anak and cucu…). Mak Nyah gelak aje… Keh keh…

I had a sleepless night. Worried about my mom, about my Wan who hated my house (Sunyi sangat rumah ko ni…..) and just about everything.

Early morning I went to tapau breakfast for my family before going back to the hospital. Alhamdullillah, my Mummy was better. Since the MRI showed nothing, they wanted her to do MRA. Didn’t know that MRA even existed so Kamil started asking around. Went home to get the kids and when we returned to the hospital, my brother Mail was there. Oh joy, oh elation, oh happiness.

Then, my uncle Mat muncul. Alhamdullilah. Sian dia, had to cut his holiday short.

Next day, pagi-pagi lagi I was already at the hospital. It was New Year but it meant nothing to me. It is just another day. I was happy to see mum well, up and about so I lay down next to her and we watched the telly while I had my arms around her waist. That was how MIL found us. She was at the hospital for FIL dialysis so Kamil went to fetch her from the Dialysis Unit to my mom’s ward. Kalau ya pun si Kamil ni, bagilah warning awal-awal.

Mum was discharged that very afternoon after the MRA failed to show anything. I was both relieved and scared because if it was not stroke, then what is it ? I wasn’t with her though when she was discharged. I had to rush home to make 300 cream puffs. Waaaa !!!! Nak cancel tak boleh, my mum wouldn’t let me. SO I had no choice.

Luckily I already have a temporary maid to help me. While I piped the pastry, Kamil filled them up with custard and brushed chocolate on top. We made it just in the nick of time. I hate working against the clock with that perfectionist husband of mine. Tak cantiklah, why lain-lain size lah… Wei, aku tak de masa nak ukur ni ha…. Asal sedap okay. Luckily customer called to rave about its taste and made no mention about its shape. Ha ha…. Sorry.

Saturday Kamil had to work and I went around the usual flurry of classes. Afternoon we took my mom to Subway for lunch (she had a sandwich with nary a dollop of mayonnaise nor a slice of cheese. I was being strict. We then went to Cheras to visit my mom’s cousin and stayed till late afternoon.

Had dinner somewhere, I just don’t remember anymore. Kamil announced that he was playing football with Anu and Shazmi, I decided to follow as… well…. kelmarin I watched Jennifer’s Body. Halfway sure but still… well…. Kalau Edward Cullen ngak apa-apa… ini bukan Edward Cullen, tapi hantu syaitan… Err… ignore that…

Anyway, it rained in the afternoon, so the padang was wet. They played at the field in front of the library tu, tempat mat-mat kerempit (mat rempit yang naik kete….) melepak so it was crowded. The air was nice and cool and people were aplenty eventhough it was like 10 pm. Ian joined us so the four of us watched Dan and his friends played while scratching our bodies.

By 11 pm, the kids dah mula merengek, so I counted on Ian’s kindness to take us home. Now, here comes the problem. I needed access to my house yeah, so the house key is important. But since Kamil parked the car in front of the masjid but played in front of the library, Ian sent me to the car then sent me back to Kamil as I had to give him back the car key. As I walked to Kamil, he asked “You ambik tak sekali remote gate ?” Damn !

I trudged back though the very wet grass, practicing a sheepish smile that I hoped would not irritate Ian (he was very gracious….Alhamdullilah), went back to the car, grabbed the bloody gate remote, masuk balik dalam kereta Ian and when we got to the boys, padang dah kosong.

Cess.

Sampai rumah, Kamil mandi and what not and the kids so wanted to see Jennifer’s Body. Okaylah. Aku tak tengok so concentrate mata tang lain. I did ask them to wait for Aunty Noreen though, tapi depa tengok gak. But when Noreen came, suddenly the movie was played at the very beginning again.

“Rosak ke Abang ?” I asked.

“Taklah… I rewind it so Aunty Noreen can watch it from the start….”

Awww…… what a sweetheart.

Tapi Aunty Noreen tak nak nengok sebab dia selalu balik office malam-malam… Ha ha…

Ian and Noreen left about 2 am and we went to sleep.

When we woke up on Sunday, it was already pouring so no tennis for the kids. I baked a chocolate cake which turned out beautifully I must add. I will definitely keep the recipe and bukan campak dalam tong like I did with some. Ian came with Haziq. So the kids played Wii and we talked and watched the telly downstairs. Called Domino’s for pizza. I didn’t cook because I was busy preparing for my friends who were coming after Maghrib.

So while I surreptiously watched Paranormal Activities (bloody disturbing… not scary but very, very disturbing…) and All About Steve, I made cream puffs again (with chocolate cream this time) and spaghetti carbonara.

Ian and Haziq left about 6.30 pm and by 7.30, Lina, her daughter Isha, Kak Liza and Fid arrived. Makan and sembang. The kids played upstairs.

It was tiring, running about and doing this and that, but that is life I suppose. I was very upset and worried about my mom, but I had my friends who made me feel better. Thanks to my friends who called and asked about my mom. You know who you are. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

Desert Rose said...

Hope she is better now , your mom. It happens la, they just need attention and reassuarance saja.

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

beb..i hope yr mom is better.. tak get 2nd opinion?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thanks Eja... Attention yang aku bagi sekarang aku rasa dah berlebih sebab dia dah bosan kot tengok muka aku... ha ha

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot.. we are... Mum wants to go to PPUM... ikut ajelah..

Sheik said...

semoga makcik sihat kembali dan boleh berborak ceria seperti sediakala

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thank you, Sheik..