Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Trip to Jakarta ages ago...

Somebody unwittingly reminded me of my Jakarta trip.

And therefore I am duly reminded that I haven’t blogged about it.

He heh… it was not on purpose, me not blogging about my trip, since aku kalau kucing aku kentut pun aku nak blog gak kan (Damn… Gizmo gave birth like 2 weeks ago and I haven’t blogged about that yet !), but because of well…sigh… I’d better not explain as nobody would understand the inner workings of my brain…And aku malu nak explain my thought processes … He heh..

Anyway, pada satu hari, Kamalia sms ajak pi Jakarta. Her sister is getting married and nak pi Tanah Abang cari barang.

I of course melompat-lompat kegembiraan. My last girly trip was to Bandung with Amelia like 2 years ago and I seriously needed another one. But then when I asked for Kamil’s permission, he said, “nanti kita bincang..” which secara halusnya means, a big fat stinking NO.

I of course chom, especially when day by day, mereka-mereka yang berjaya mendapat permission bagi update selalu. Pastu pancing-pancing aku. Of course I took the bait and terjadilah satu showdown dengan Kamil on one peaceful Friday, waktu Maghrib. It was a diplomatic one though, as far as showdowns are concerned, because my BFF Amelia dah pesan, jangan paksa, takpa kalau dia tak bagi.. next time ada….
.
Aku yang sasau dengar perkataan next time kerana masa kecik-kecik my dad's next time became never, used all my wiles and charm to get him to say, "Okaylah darling, nah duit berkepul-kepul... pergilah... I am so sorry sebab I buleh terpikiaq tak nak bagi you pi... It would not happen again. Here is another wad of cash for your choms...."

Akhirnya aku berjaya jua (sadly he refused to repeat the above sentence that I have so thoughtfully prepared for him) and the next day met up with Amelia and I bought the tics ! Yeay !.

It was to be a one day excursion, to Tanah Abang only trip at that. I have been to Jakarta before on a family vacation but never to Tanah Abang. And because of that, Kamil’s sole condition for me to join this trip was to singgah Mayerstrik, like me and him did before, for his office wear material.

Cakap ngan Kamalia we have to singgah Mayerstrik, she said takut tak sempat.

Cakap ngan Amelia, takpa Myra kita satgi pi dua lah kat Mayerstrik.

Cakap ngan DR, macam-macam benda ada kat Tanah Abang. Mak ngan Pak saja yang takdak… Don’t worry. Sure ada...

Cakap aku, okay. Tapi hangpa kena ingat, future aku mengikut hangpa merewang ini bergantung kepada kejayaan aku membawa kain baju kerja si Kamil pulang. Kalau dak, sure tak dapat pi dah lain kali… WAAAAAA!

Kuku besi jugak si Kamil ni yek… Hmmm…. perubahan yang separa drastic perlu dibuat….

Anyway, flight was like errr…. 7 pagi kot. So, the plan was for Amelia to pick up Min at 3.30 am, then moi, then Ya and last sekali DR. Syu since she lives in KL would make her own arrangements.

DR said she was gonna sleep in her traveling clothes, then terus bangun into Amelia’s car, that is why aku macam ada segan-silu nak peluk dia when finally picked her up. He heh… Dak aiih…. Tipu ja….

We had a very smooth drive. We chatted and were merry in the car, talking about the trip and all. We got to the airport about 4.45 am I think, if my memory serves me right and we quickly checked in. Ya, DR and Syu sat together since they booked at the same time. Me, Amelia and Min were scattered all over the plane, which was fine really as we needed sleep.

Before that, since Air Asia adalah cekik darah, and tak soka tengok orang bawak bekai, we bought rolled roti canai for breakfast which was superb okeh. I gobbled it up while the plane was… er… lifting (can aar ?) sebab masa tulah stewardess are seated. Takut sungguh aku kena sergah sebab bawak bekai... Tak sempat rupanya nak makan before naik kapai. Punya lah tak sempat, we were called via the PA system and we ran like there was no tomorrow for the plane.

Banyak cakap sangat, beginilah jadinya. Oh Ya and Min were already in the plane waiting for us, so aku tak paham sebenaqnya how the 4 of us boleh tertinggal. Oh ya lupa dah tulih dah tadi, kerna banyak cakap.

Anyway, the plane ride was smooth. The landing was superb because I didn’t even realise we have landed so kudos to the pilot (as oppose to my flight to Perth where not only did I know that we have landed, but I heard and felt it too…..). A slight glitch in the plane when we had to fill in the Immigration Card. I had no pen on my person and to ask from Air Asia, was scary since I either have to buy the pen at 100% over the normal retail price or they would charge me per alphabet. “Sekupang satu huruf ye dik…” Jenuh aku.
Or kak probably... not dik... perasan sat.

The couple who sat next to me had a pen between them but I had a problem identifying their nationality. Again, it is the mysterious inner workings of my brain, stopping me from talking to my fellow passengers until I can determine if they are Indonesians or Malaysians.

Maybe because I have to decide on the language to use kot. Finally, dah plane nak landing dah sat-sat tu gak, I spoke in English mintak pinjam pen. Mesti depa kata awat ni orang ni cakap omputih ngan kita sedangkan sah-sah rumpun yang sama. He he…

Hai… panjangnya… Belum sampai Jakarta lagi nih…

Anyway, DR yang super efficient dah book supir awal-awal so kami dijemput mesra oleh… err… boss supir itu. And off we go to Tanah Abang. Yiiiha ! The traffic was okay, prossibly because we arrived during working hours.

Sampai je Tanah Abang, kami ber-enam mengamuk sakan sebab orang Jakarta tak paham tulisan ‘Drop Off Zone'. Kalau satu Jakarta tak paham, kenapa tulih na…? Very puzzling.

We entered the air-conditioned building, masuk dalam lift to go down to Basement or the lowest ground and the shopping frenzy started.

Aku yang claim I have nothing to buy and bawak bag kecik sandang kat bahu aje as oppose to my friends yang bawak beg beroda, was the first to part with my money. Jenuh aku kena kata. Takpa, takpa… Aku beli tudung untuk katup aku punya aurat tau dak… Nyampah !

Sigh… this is gonna be long, so why don’t I say it with pictures ?





In the car... Kijang... DR sat next to the driver, Min and Kamalia in front of us.


Smiling happily because Kamil slipped some rupiahs in mybag.



At the shop selling materials. I couldn't function properly until I get Kamil's stuffs sorted out first. I had to because the success story of this trip would ensure me hassle free future trips with my friends. DR and Amelia pun borong sekali. The materials were soft and very err... manly (can't say pretty nanti Kamil tak mo pakai..).


DR... why only now I notice that lovely purple lace behind you ?

Tengok banyaknya kain on sale... cheap cheap ones... I bought a very good Japanese cotton that would have cost like RM 30 per metre here but only RM 5 per metre there. Dah selamat dalam tangan Kak Mazlina dah to be turned into a tunic.

Semua orang separuh sasau and super busy nengok barang.. So I dare not interrupt their concentration. Much safer to take picture of meself by meself. Ha... sure aku kena fire lepas ni...




This is the only time everybody dok sengap and mata tak busy melilau, tangan tak menggeletaq pegang barang, iaitu ketika tunggu lift. So good picture opportunity. Please zoom in on their giant bags.... Ha ha...






Food was good. Although the sup yang ada jagung setongkol buat tekak aku kembang for some reason. Plus the fact that kedai sebelah juai kodok goreng, which I have the suspicion does not mean cekodok but... well you know..



Min sleeping. Amelia with her V sign. What have I bought by this time ? The lovely embroidered kain for my sister and me (Amelia bought loads of the said kain. Somehow at one point she and the lady behind the counter changed places. The Ibu stood beside me, Syu and DR watching Amelia sifting through her mountain of kains... It was a sight to behold... Should have taken the pics....)







New friend. He he.... Popeye's as background. Big mistake because I was drilled by my children on why I went to eat Popeye's without them. I didn't but they refused to listen as as fas as they are concerned, evidence was in front of their eyes. Funny how even pictures can be very, very deceiving. Nampak tak that nasi and ikan bakaq in front of me tu ?



Tergolek dog kepenatan. It was 5 pm and shops closing soon. Abang supir to arrive soon. Plane home was at 8 pm. Sesiapa yang menuduh aku sopping banyak.. sila tengok size bag aku okeh ? I stopped because money failed to flow anymore. He he... Please look at my inelegant footware. Shoes in bag and out came my trusty Crocs as soon as I arrived at the mall.




At the airport..... Using Kamalia as a cover because DR nak sangat gambaq abang Jaboy. Sayang... I didn't manage to get a good one.




Atas usaha Min. Thank you laling. The one that gave us sleepless nights is that funny black thing, melendut in between the sparkly sequinned... area. What the hell is that ? Nampak macam ada isi tau... EEUUUUWWWW !

How can I describe how Abang or Mas Jaboy came into the picture and became an integral part of our lives as a weapon to usik mengusik membawa bahagia ?

Of course, they passed him to me but in my recollection, DR yang teruja sangat...

Hmmm.... We were at the airport, queueing up to check in when I noticed this person, wearing... well this eerrrr... very interesting... nope the word is arresting.... yes arresting hat. Topi koboi yang telah diglamerkan.

I saw him sure but aku sengap aje. Tak salah aku lah, and I am not pointing fingers here, after I returned to the queue after my prayers, DR pointed to him and said, "Cuba hang tengok tu..."

And I said, "Itulah... kalau bapak aku tu, dia sure habaq sampai hati dia beli topi tu...."

Keh keh...

And DR said... apa hang cakap cek ? Aku dah lupa...

Pastu tak pasai-pasai depa pi pass dia kat aku...

Kebetulan while waiting for the plane, we sat next to him and I wasn't the only one who was valiantly trying to stifle laughter. EVERYBODY did !

Ha.... Tapi depa pass jugak kat aku...

Luckily abang-abang immigration at Jakarta was pleasing to the eyes. No harm in that but it made us forget about that hat. Err.. correction. Actually, adik-adik immigration. Jangan perasan muda...

Had frozen yoghurt and currypuffs before take off. Kamalia, Amelia and DR sat in a row and chatted. Min got a seat all to herself so she slept. I sat with Syu who had a headache and was sleeping it off. I read leftover Harian Metro left by previous passengers so yeay !

Anyway arrived safely in Sepang about 11 pm. A bit sad because my friends' girly trip was not over yet as Amelia sent everybody home. Mine though stopped at LCCT because Kamil insisted to pick me up. But I was glad to see him and the kids.

So... I had a good time. I had a smashing time in fact. Syu and DR buat perangai lagi some time in February but sadly I can't go as I already have a trip planned in March.

So kengkawan, bila nak pi lagi ? Vietnam again, maybe ? Or China ? Lagi best... he he...

Kamil.... I nak pi China boleh tak ? Ngan kawan-kawan I.... Please......

4 comments:

Desert Rose said...

hi hi best kan perangaihuduh kita tu...

and fikiran ku melayang ke arah topi Jaboy again after so long aku lupa ha haha

And yes aku buleh tulung buat surat rayuan kpd Kamil

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yes.. aku suka offer surat rayuan hang itu... sila letak law jargon yang menakutkan supaya dia terpaksa bagi .... Terima kasih laling...

Tulah abang jaboy... Hai... kah kah

liadevega said...

thak you for this post myra..nanti aku nak link aja kat my blog na? malas nak tulis balik...

though i have been to jakarta many2 times, this is the best trip so far...sebab pi ngan shopaholic cam hangpa...hahaha..must, must do it again ok?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya... of course... Kecik tapak tangan, lori kontena aku tadah...