Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hari melepak tak berapa jadi

Last Wednesday, I went out with my girlfriends.

Wednesday is also Dan’s futsal night so of course when a girly night was planned, I threw everything else to the wind and terkinja-kinja nak pi.

He he… sad life, I know…

But… I do have 2 kids that needed me to feed them. Malam-malam Bibik doesn’t eat. “Gemuk Bibik sekarang... Takut...” so malam dia puasa and if I don’t take the initiative to feed my kids, they will puasa too.

So they came with me, armed with story books to occupy them.

Huh… Tak jadi okeh as not 5 minutes, okaylah… maybe 20 minutes, Adik started whining.

“ I am bored !”

“ I am itchy ! The nyamuk got to me !”

“I want to go home… Where is Babah ?”

When I see Edelweiss’ daughter, so baik, so sweet… sengap aje…. I of course despaired.

Threatening them with syurga didn’t work. Sah – sah Wii dah disimpan so, what else do I have up my sleeves ?

So aku chom when I had to go home earlier than the rest.

Yang buat aku extra angin was Kamil who had dinner with Ian after his futsal promised to come and get them off my hands. Tunggu punya tunggu, tak mai-mai. When I had lifted my butt to leave then he deemed it suitable to call and ask, “You nak I berhenti kat mana ambik budak2 ?” Poodah !

Don’t blame me if he was treated with the longest chom in history !

Anyway, Wednesday was here again and knowing that his futsal was confirmed, I rounded up my kakis. This time the destination is Famous Thai. Aku dah kemaruk makan SEAFOOD TOMYAM.

He he…

Ada orang tuduh aku pregnant, but of course itu semua dusta yang sengaja mahu membuat aku sasau. It is not orang mengandung punya mengidam, okay. Just teringin yang terlalu kuat untuk dipendam. Plus it is all Ian’s fault.

Really it was.

Ceritanya begini.

One fine Monday we had dinner of Chicken Cordon Bleu (sebutannya seperti Blur, omit the R okay ? Definitely not Blue as in Biru…). Kamil’s complaints of it being too dry last time, made me served it with gravy and boy was it lip smackin’ good. We ate loads. And I mean loads, y’all.

While we were clearing the table, Ian called and asked whereabouts he can eat in Seksyen 2 ? Kamil took pity on him so he offered to teman Ian for dinner. Being a Melayu he is (although half, it is enough), he didn’t want to eat if we are not, so we assured him that we will accompany him by having desserts.

So we went to Famous Thai where Dan had Longan jeli and ayaq nyok (Air Kelapa), I had Honey Dew Ice Blended, which although was good tasted a bit like durian… hmmmm…. Ian after tasting my Ice Blended ordered one too, plus nasi and SEAFOOD TOMYAM (which I had to help translate to the waitress that he wanted it with santan and not too hot…).

Anyway, our drinks arrived first and while I was all happy (albeit a bit suspect what with the durian tinge and all) with my choice, out came Ian’s SEAFOOD TOMYAM, completely annihilating my contentment. The aroma was captivating, the soup looked delectably red and then the bloody dish got to me hook, line and sinker when Ian scooped out a piece of ketam. Then huge prawns and lovely curled up squid pieces.

I was satiated with my dinner sure but then the sight of all the crustaceans swimming about then plopped into an artful mess on his plate managed to make a gap somehow. Noreen came and ordered mee hoon goreng but it did not have the same effect on me. I wanted the bloody SEAFOOD TOMYAM but I was too full.

Aku pujuk Kamil pi the next day but he said malu nak pi for 2 consecutive days (Apakah ini ? Tak pernah dengaq pun jenis protocol ini ?) tetapi aku berjaya meng-chom kan diri sehingga dia tak tahan and bawak aku pi the day after (This is all lies. In truth I hinted to Ian and him being a good friend to both of us went to Kamil and said, “You had better take your wife for her glass noodles tonight…” Thank you, Ian. Aku pulak pi kelentong dia kata aku nak makan Yam Woon Sen when sebenaqnya aku nak makan SEAFOOD TOMYAM. Kenapa aku kelentong ? Entah… another protocol kot….).

And it was superb, people. The ketam tu yang aku paling geram sekali. Aku tak makan dengan nasi pun. Hirup saja.

Dah melalut (Terkeluar topic… ). Aku nak cerita benda lain sebenaqnya (sebenaqnya is the Northern sebenarnya. We Northern people like our Qs. And just in case if you are not familiar with this word, sebenarnya is actually….).

Okay, back to my real story. So my friends and I planned to have dinner at Famous Thai. I as usual was the first to arrive eventhough one actually said she will be there at 7.45. Tipu ! At 7.45 I was there alone until about 8. Ha ha.

Nevermind. Nevermind.

I had arranged for Kamil to take the kids out for dinner as I had wanted a peaceful girly talk. Mummy need some good conversation, okay ? I didn’t dare order my beloved SEAFOOD TOMYAM though because as I was flicking through the menu, alone… please take note of that fact, while menggonyeh nanaih and kacang, I suddenly felt a bit of a throbbing pain at one of my knuckles. Mild sure but it was decidedly there.

Ayoyo…. Gout kah ? Adakah gout boleh naik ke jari ?

Kamalia did order one though with kangkung belacan. DR ordered this lovely pumpkin custard and meehoon goreng. I of course asked for my Yam Woon Sen and sizzling tofu. Edelweiss who arrived late just ate what we ordered.

Anyway, as I was eating and conversing (which is very important to me), I saw a guy walked in and I went like, “Comeinya…” He still had his work clothes on but he looked really nice. The shirt was well tailored, wrapping his lean body nicely. But hmm… the baju looked a bit familiar. Maybe Kamil has one.

Then I thought, oh I think I know this guy because his kids looked familiar, as I was busy flicking my gaze between him and my friends when suddenly, “Mummy !!” I looked at that guy who now looked so bloody familiar and he in turn looked at me and smiled sheepishly.

“Oh my god !”

Mataku terbuntang luas.

“I tak nak balik !” Came out from my mouth automatically.

Why lah Kamil kutip aku balik ni ? I immediately went red from embarrassment at the thought of him purposely coming to take me home and from terkejutment for seeing him at all.

But then the triumvirate moved on, with my kids terkinja-kinja, happy to see me. He said, “Err… we don’t know you…” and proceeded to sit behind us.

When Edelweiss arrived, she asked, "Eh ? Tak bawak anak2 ke ?" Aku tak bawak, tapi pak depa bawak kan.....

"Eh, apa tangkap-tangkap gambar ni ? Kami nak makanlah... Jangan ganggu..." Poodah Kamil...


Lega sat. (Lega – relieved, sat – sekejap). Confused sat.

Puas aku kena gelak dengan kawan-kawan aku.

Awatlah Kamil bawak anak-anak makan kat sini ? WAAAAAAA ! Actually bukanlah tak boleh, boleh aiihhh…. Tapi aku terkejutlat sat…

Ya said janganlah husband dia mai bawak sate kambin’ sekali… He he…

Okay, why I thought he was taking me home ? Because I had a bad memory of this okay. I had the right to be anxious as once dia kutip aku balik after aku keluaq dari pagi sampai dekat pukul 7 malam, melepak ngan Amelia and Shazleen. It happened before so I know I was right to feel worried. I really thought he was dragging me home, making a scene at Famous Thai and buat aku segan al-malu nak pi balik.

Err…. I didn’t have any children that time okay, masa adegan kutip-mengutip itu berlaku. We were just married and I had no child waiting for me at home, menangis kelaparan. SO aku tak tau apa masalah dia.

Hai… my Wednesday friends, our future Wednesday meeting will have to be at a secret location !


My attempt to take picture on my own. Nampak DR saja... He he... Anyway masa nilah aku tau depa ada simpan durian so probably my honey dew from last week disimpan dekat2 ngan durian..


Selepas mendengar cerita va-va-voom ! He he...

5 comments:

Desert Rose said...

kah kah kah..

Damn , awat gambaq aku yg ambik tu tak kuaq tak tau, mengong ar komputer ni...

Mommy I love u ..bye...kah kah kah Beside kejadian malu besaq 27 tahun ite2 aku akan ingat this one for errrr 26 tahun??

liadevega said...

haha..aku ngan dr ada amik gambaq montot hang masa hang dok tertonggeng jadi papparazi amik gambaq kelorga hang...haha.

nak tambah upload kat sini? sat aku email..hehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Hangpa berdua memang tak buleh bawak jadi kawan.. Kalo keluaq gambaq montot aku kat mana2 website aku cari hangpa...

Btw... cute dak montot aku ?

Desert Rose said...

wuiyoooo meletopppp, mesti orang ingat montot Jlo lah

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ini yang cek marah ni... Jlo cek tak mau... sah2 besaq gedabak... Kalo Angelina Jolie ka, Jeniifer Aniston ka, kembang kempih gak idung cek..