Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sunday

So Sunday…

Woke up with tummy still full. I could feel the food swimming in my belly. Mouth tasted funny as brushing teeth the night before made me gag. So I abandoned it. Night brush that is… I did in the morning okay….

Got the kids ready and was grateful that Bibik, knowing they would be needing their energy, fried some rice. Kamil and I went jogging at the tasik, me willingly doing 5 laps this time. On and on we go, willing the fats to fall away…. Were we succesfull ? Dunno.

We went to Cili Merah for drinks and I bizarrely ordered Fresh Orange. Can’t finish it though as half way through the glass, the beverage suddenly tasted so rich and nauseating.

Abang Mail of Cili Merah was shocked to see that we didn’t eat anything so come to think of it, it is quite economical to eat at William’s as one meal covers 3. Hmmm….

Watched the kids at their class for awhile before taking them to Pasar Tani. I had wanted to show Abang this one particular stall dedicated to Ben 10 stuffs only. We are going away on a holiday in March and the kids will be needing jackets. I thought the exact replica of Ben 10’s jacket in Ben 10 Alien Force would be great for Abang but it turned out to be rather heavy. Kamil was not so keen.

Pasar Tani at 11 am was sweltering. I kid you not. I scoffed ais krim potong eventhough I felt like heaving. Then we bought drinks. And despaired at the amount of garbage generated and strewn about.

To say there were no bins, there were aplenty. To say cikgu tak ajar, well my teachers taught we well. I could never, ever litter. I would rather just hold whatever it is in my hand than desecrate the earth. These people haven’t met Klaatu yet… Eventhough he is a mighty fine specimen, I don’t want him parking his space ship here. Get it ?

Went to visit PILs for awhile and when we got home, there were kacang buncis goreng, hot ikan goreng and ayam masak lemak kunyit underneath the tudung saji.

Awww man… now we HAVE to eat. Not 20 minutes ago Kamil and I decided against food, but when the piping hot dish with its fantastic aroma presented itself, you just have to eat. Well…. tak makan karang Bibik kecik hati…. So we had to really… Even Kamil’s second helping of nasi was forced. We only thought about Bibik’s feelings…. The sacrifices we make….. We deserve a medal. Each.

Went to Giant for our monthly shopping. We piled loads of stuffs in the cart, Kamil started sweating like we were still in Pasar Tani. Nevermind darling, once a month ma…. Nobody ever said being a man is easy.

At 5 he went to his parents to help shift some furniture. Adik followed Babah so Abang had his arms around me while we watched the telly. Susah nak dapat peluk Mummy lama-lama as Adik gets jealous and would throw herself on top of us. Berat wei so Mummy usually push them off. Sian….

I had wanted to make meatballs Minestrone and baguette for dinner but Abang wanted meatballs pasta. Well you dictate and I comply… what to do. I didn’t feel like pasta as we had rice in the afternoon, too much carbs in a day but takpelah….

I had wanted to bake a cake but I was too darn lazy. Couldn’t find the motivation at all. Maybe it was all the carbs making us sluggish. When Kamil left the house at 10 pm for work… at Mid Valley ( very legitimate I assure you…), I climbed up to bed. I can’t seem to get enough sleep nowadays. No matter how early I went to bed, once as early as 9.30, I will struggle to wake up the next day.

Body is old I suppose. Maybe I should stop saying I am old. Maybe me repeating it over and over again made my body believe it has aged…. Hmmm….

Anyway woke up with a start at 2.30 am from the rain and from realizing that I was alone in bed. I got so panicky, I called Kamil but he didn’t answer. Went down and I almost didn’t see him asleep on the sofa, telly blaring.

I lay down next to him for awhile, relieved to see that he was home. Watched a bit of telly then led him to bed.

Can’t even describe how hard it was for me to wake up and ambik wuduk for Subuh.

2 comments:

Desert Rose said...

oWHHHH jangkit dari Kamalia kot no, ur heaving thingy, your fatigue uneasiness, kinda explain -larikkkk-well mulutku masin...and not to mention your craving over specific tomyam

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ohhh.... dari sini kah sms berbaur fitnah mung itu muncui.. ? Hallo cek... aku heaving sebab makan kat Williams sekali cukup untuk makan 3 kali... Dah tghari pun dok kenyang lagi...

Fatigue ? Sebab aku ada lah ibu dan pekerja dan bini dan anak dan adik dan kawan.. Penat tau..

Hang jgn buat aku sasau lagi...