Monday, January 25, 2010

My weekend

As far as weekends are concerned, the one that I just went through was quite emotional. Maybe a different entry on the reasons I got all emotional… But then really, it probably was just PMS…. Sigh…. Hard being a girl….

Anyway, Friday I had lunch with my kawan ketat. Went to DR’s office for a very official reason. Of course dia ajak lunch but memandangkan I was there at 12, I was asked to go jalan-jalan kat Giant. And because of that, I terjumpa one gorgeous thing that has sapphires on it. Dah tak leh lena… Hang punya pasailah DR oiii….

The four and a half of us, Jubei, Kamalia, DR, myself and Ayesha had lunch at Thai Village. The food was good, the portion was enormous, the patrons were just us ….

Made crema e spinachi for dinner, Kamil’s favourite during our days in England and had a looong talk with a kind hearted stranger. Well almost stranger. Zaman-zaman World Wide Web ni, we suddenly find ourselves with almost strangers and I-sort-of-know-her kinds of thing. But it was good, it was uplifting, it was sweet.

Woke up with a heavy heart because I had to work. I started clanging in the kitchen at 6.30 because I had an order of tarts and cream puffs to fulfill. Panicked at around 7 when I realized I was out of custard powder. Raced to the local grocer but only found a brand that I have never tried. Tawakkal jelah as cream puffs without custard is like errr…… chicken pie without the chicks… Boleh lah…

Anyway, it turned out to be bad. Despaired for awhile but there was nothing I could do really. My mistake was I left it too late before making them custards. Dah saat-saat genting, mana sempat nak pi kedai lagi…

So I brushed some chocolate on the puffs and they now became chocolate éclairs… Hope they tasted okay.

DR came bearing nasi briyani which was fabulous but since we had a kenduri kawin to go to, kept it in the fridge first. She arrived seeing me in Baju Kurung. "Laa... hang nak keluaq ka ?" He he.... "Dak aih... aku kat romah memang pakai baju kurung... Melayu kan.." Mungkin aku punya kelentong jadi kalau Bibik tak mengekek tang tu gak saying, "Mera buat kelakar ini...." Cess....
.
The kenduri was at mom's next door neighbour's. Some of the khemahs were at mom's house and the caterer was stationed at rumah neighbour depan. The day was hot and just our luck, we had to sit at the edge of the khemah. We ate with the sun shining directly on our backs. I had never eaten and perspire profusely at the same time before. Well now I have....

Up until 2 pm I was waiting for the call, summoning me to a meeting place but it never came. Finally when I called to ask, the meeting was actually cancelled. Well yeah, thank you for telling me ! I made plans to be elsewhere okay, but canceled it because I was told I had to work.

“Tomorrow lah….” Pulak.

Went jogging with my BFF at our usual place. More story on that in a different entry… he he….. Or should I say, HEEE HEEE HE HE HEEEEEEE….

We had a very late dinner because… sedangkan lidah lagi tergigit, apa pula suami isteri.. It didn’t happen in the kandang kuda though neither it was because my father had wanted to sell Kamil… Anyway, fights are very exhausting as well as an appetite suppressant. Didn’t eat much, just habiskan Adik’s fishball noodles soup and shared a plate of fried calamari with the whole gang.

As soon as we got home, we prepared our bed in front of the telly upstairs, switched on Sherlock Holmes, switched off the light and I went ZZZZZZZZZZZ immediately. I woke up once in a while seeing my family engrossed in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle punya temberang. I haven’t slept with the telly on in a very long while so I had a rather restless slumber.

We woke up early next morning for tennis class. Sent the kids, I went jogging again, with Kamil this time, had breakfast then rushed to Giant. Last night my cousin called, asking if we will be home for lunch because, “Bab nak tengok Myra….”

I cried after I hang up the phone. I dunno know why I felt so sad… Dah lah last week my other uncle’s sms made me cry too….

Anyway, had rice, chicken curry and teloq dadar. Mom fried kobih bunga. I made cheese tarts and chocolate cake with strawberries. Or whatever lah that cake is called. Ita and Danial brought sate. All Bab’s favourite food. Sian dia, Mami Ela is in Mekah right now, bayaq nazar… so dia sunyi kat rumah kot.

After Bab left, we cleared up the house. Then the kids asked me to temankan dia orang main game and when I sedaq, I heard Abang said, “As soon as she came up she fell asleep… She didn’t even say anything….” He he…. Dah terlena rupanya…

Had A&W for dinner, much to Adik’s annoyance. We share the same taste in food, mother and daughter, which is Malay ones please. Tak mainlah fast food ni. Pantang fast food in fact. Dia chom dalam kereta tapi bila tengok Mummy and Babah shared a banana split, dia pun order ice-cream, chom disappeared between the swirls of chocolates fudge sauce and vanilla ice-cream.

Balik the kids went to sleep but Kamil and I watched Sorrority Row for awhile. Looks good but since we were super duper sleepy, to be continued today… Kalau larat.

Oh yeah… Tak kerja pun… penat tunggu tau !!!!!

4 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

rajin hang jogging nooooo

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Usaha ku untuk mengecilkan my psiatic area... Tapi macam tak jadi lah... Kah kah

Hai5 said...

Is that all you did last weekend? Nothing else? Somehow I sense there was something else you did last weekend.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Err.... don't think so Hai5... Why, did u see me anywhere ? He he....