Monday, January 11, 2010

My weekend

It was a very tiring weekend.

And a very trying one also.

Let’s see…. Friday aku chom dengan Kamil. And him knowing aku chom lari naik atas to read bed time story to the kids. It was 10.30 pm and I decided to retire jugak, well… chom sengsorang tak best. Chom yang successful ialah chom yang dirasai oleh orang jahat itu. Chom yang tak dak witnesses… no point.

Anyway baru nak naik atas, my mom called and it wasn’t pretty. The fuse box dekat luar terbakar. Then chom tak chom aku lari naik atas gerak Kamil because mum said, “Mummy takut…..”

Kamil was upset because mum was alone.

We arrived in 2 minutes to see the house dark and my family outside the house. TNB was on their way. Mum looked okay although she looked tired. Esya was bawling her eyes out which is very typical of her. I barked for her to quit it and she did. She wasn’t alone actually, there were plenty in the house but she was scared all the same. Poor mum.

TNB came, had a look and promised to come back as they received another emergency call somewhere.

I of course ordered mum to pack up and follow me home. Esya of course made noises again but one warning look from me was enough. My younger siblings followed Ita home.

Masa ni I thank Allah for mum’s lovely menantus.

Yang kelakarnya Ita and Daniel came for their usual night visit. Sampai-sampai tengok semua orang lepak kat luar, so dia orang pun join lah. Dah lima minit baru tau sebenarnya rumah tak dak api... Keh keh....

Dah mum in house, aku of course tak tiduq but berlengkor with mum, sembang-sembang until about 2 am. Next morning, Kak Idah (mum’s maid) had walked home, anxious about the house. Again, thank you Allah for Kak Idah. She is a rare gem. She likes to walk this one. Sometimes aku menjerit terkejut tengok dia yang tiba-tiba muncul kat rumah aku., saja nak melepak… keh keh.. Nak hantar tak nak… “Biarin aja aku jalan, ngak apa-apa….” Suka hatilah ko Bik….

Went to send the kids to their classes, then off to sek 13 for a bit of spa treatment which was nice. Oh, macam nampak si DR lintas jalan depan opis dia about 11.15 am. Hang ka tu, DR ? It had better be you because I honked and bagai lambaian sungguh mesra.

Picked up the kids, and Amir too. Amelia ajak lunch. Her sister is home and haven’t sat down with her sister in a looong time since she moved to JB. Had lovely mee kari. And jeli kelapa which is Amelia’s favourite. Sembang-sembang until 3 pm when it was time for her son’s class. Since I was leaving, I sent him (and his dad has to send his glasses afterwards…. Ha ha) to his teacher. And ada orang tu jelir lidah kat aku from the safe distance of the third floor…. Cuba ko buat bila kita sama level... Aku malas je nak larik naik atas, okeh... Ha ha…

Kamil had to work full day so we watched the telly at home and baked cupcakes. Kids had a great time loading the icing and sprinkles on top…

Adik loves the purple icing.

Abang loves the green one.


Tension dengan Bibik baru kejap… well not kejap but lama. Mail was home because his birthday is today. Mum made nasi ayam which was super delicious. Seriously it was really good I kept eating.

Mum said that 6 TNB men came to repair her fuse box. Kamil said, “Yang kejenya satu, yang lain claim overtime…”

Ha ha… Mum said, “Noo….. masing-masing ada kerja depa… Sorang buat yang ni, sorang buat yang lain.. Depa semua tunggu turn buat what they specialize in…” Ahh… so all this while aku dok kutuk TNB lah, MBSA lah dan badan2 yang sewaktu dengannya hantar reramai orang buat kerja tapi yang actually buat kerja 1 aje...adalah tohmahan semata-mata ? Mereka ini sebenarnya buat pengkhususan ? Oh tidak… Ampun !

Sunday Kamil pulak chom. Well he said he had to be at the office by 9 am, so I asked him to send the kids to class. How would I know he had the time for breakfast with me ? After locking himself in the bathroom (we never lock the bathroom. Never… so serious jugaklah chom mengada dia ni…), and the kids laughing madly, sent the kids then had breakfast with him… Manja lah tu..

Sampai rumah aje, Amelia pun sampai. She was picking me up for a trip to Pasar Tani. Yeay ! I love Pasar Tani trips with girls. Boys susah… Budak kecik lagi susah… But Amelia’s niece behaved really well I should say. As usual I claimed I had nothing to buy but I still brought home 2 tudungs and cute t-shirt for Adik. Hai….

Picked up the kids with Amelia. And since Babah wasn’t home, we watched the telly and ate junk food. Nothing much to do really. I kept calling mum making sure everything was okay.

Made 2 batches of cream puffs for a regular customer. Sent it to her, sent some to PIL then we went to have dinner where my hubby spilt Abang’s drink on us. Satu gelas besar tumpah okay. Dah lah tempat tu sejuk. Abang and I were shivering at the end of the meal.

I was upset because none of us had it in us to membebel. I kept telling the kids to “please bebel sebab kalau kita yang buat ni Babah bebel sampai esok pagi…” but they didn’t. I didn’t either because I am not a nag. So … he managed to get away with it with minor comments like, “Bah !” and “Kamil ! What have you done ?” and plenty of laughter.

Aku tak puas hati sebab kalau one of us buat, mamat tu mesti berleter panjang-panjang okay ? The injustice of it all. Must learn to nag. Must !

Plus, he had done this to me before. Way when we were about 18 or 19, he spilt a glass of coke on me. Pastu when he went to get another glass, he spilt that one on me too ! Percaya tak ? I remember our friend Shahrin’s horrified face the first time and him cupping his face with his hands the second time. I remember Jin Hun’s giggles the first time and his incredulous “Alamak, Kamil… Again ?” the second time.

Can you believe that guy ? Can you ?

When we got home, Kamil ada hati ajak pergi re-fill Touch and Go. So after tukar baju and mandi sedikit sebanyak again, followed him out. Aku berletiaq tak tau, tapi chom memang expert. Tapi takleh chom lama because he filled my car with gas and refilled my Touch and Go too…. Mudah di beli rupanya aku ni…

Hai… What to do…

Watched ‘Ghost of Girlfriend Past’ sekejap because Abang said the movie is about “This guy kan Mummy, he has a LOT of girlfriends…He has like 30 aah.. or something. So one day all their ghost came to haunt him….”

Ha ? Ye ke ? I thought it’s a romantic comedy ?

“Yes… one kan mati kena makan dengan bear… and another one …”

Wait, are you telling me all his 30 girlfriends are dead and he is still alive ? Eaten by a bear ? Really ?

“Yeah…. Ermmm….. maybe lah… Err… I don’t remember anymore….”

Since I have never seen it, I was very much curious. So far, belum lagi ada yang kena makan bear, so will sambung tonight.

Hmmm…..

4 comments:

liadevega said...

The first two times tu I can understand his clumsiness sbb gabra depan awek kot..hehe.. Yesterday's one, just don't bother to be courteous..haha

So, u've got a new maid? Tua ka?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

The first two times to gabra bakpe.. dah 3 years together dah... Yang semalam tu butter fingers namanya... Marah Umar tapi dia pun sama...

Pasal maid akan ku tulih esok... Tunggu ! Ha ha

Desert Rose said...

No. 1...tu bukan aku obviously sebab masa tu hg kol aku aku kat subang parade.. tu mebi hantu raya aku kot

2. If I dont know u, i would say that u r bigamist sebab hg ada 2 orng laki, iaitu Dan dan Kamil ha ha hahah

Cik Puan Kamil said...

1. Cess... macam hang kay... Kalo hantu raya hang... dia bagitau hang dak aku teguq dia...

2.. Yalah... nak buat pembetulan lah ni...