Saturday, September 04, 2010

Nostalgia Ramadhan..........

Apa aku nak cerita ? I want to write an entry but I have forgotten what I planned to write, so now had been staring at the screen, trying to remember ... but... naaah... Can't remember.

Yesterday berbuka with the Bs. Pergi Sahara Tent but it wasn't that nice. Maybe kat KL je yang sedap, kat Shah Alam punya tak... I dunno.

Tadi berbuka at my cousin's. My Bab and Mami Ela ada, my cousin's brother and family pun ada as they are back from Dubai for Raya, my other cousin pun ada so it was a merry affair. I love being with my cousins, especially since Kamil get along so well with them, talking and laughing like they have had always been a family.

On my dad's side, we don't have that many females. There are only 6 of us and my Dad provided 4 of them... hahahahah....

Nasib baiklah my cousins marry wonderful women yang buleh buat kawan ...

When Ramadhan comes, I usually think about my kampungs.

If I think about my Penang kampung, I will remember Tok's masak lemak ketam, and bubur Asyura, red floors, black toilet seats, laksa and cok udang at Pantai Bersih and my Tok Wan, on his bed... He didnt 'move much on account of his stroke... So I remember kissing and hugging his frail body.

And cousins. I remember my cousins. Wanting to join the bigger ones, but got stuck playing with those that is closer to my age. Not many, only 2 of them plus my brother. Tapi sekarang yang aku dok ligat berkawan is with the older ones.... The first batch. Aku dah second batch.

I also remember Tok will force me and my brother to send kuih raya to her neighbours. But .... walaupun kena paksa, tapi sebenarnya aku ni paksa rela sebab selalunya dapat duit raya. Tok lived amongst the Chinese and they had always been very, very generous. Paling sikit pun not hijau... but usually, yang merah berkeping-keping.

And if I think about Perak, I remember silver door, nasi lemak 2 kupang which Wan susun tinggi-tinggi, railways and my Tok riding his motorbike. And his laughter... I will always remember him smiling, laughing and cracking jokes.

In Perak since my brother is the eldest cucu, well... we didn't have anybody to play with. Kita orang yang first batch. Tapi my adik-adik adalah banyak kawan among the cousins. Dah besar-besar ni, aku berkawan dengan my aunties... Besssstttt..... HEhehehhehe...

Ramadhan and raya... it is all about families kan ? It is always about family and I am so glad I have plenty.

1 comment:

Hai5 said...

Have a nice eid-ul-fitr.