Thursday, September 09, 2010

Selamat Hari Raya

Nak raya dah esok... I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday aku tergolek kat tangga and torn my ligament.

I know that my accident is a test from Allah... and the sad thing is, I failed. I really failed big time. No need to explain the intricacies lah... Just that, I failed his test.. miserably.

Because of my condition and because CY is busy at the hospital and CT pulak dah balik kampung husband, CY and I started our kuih raya making yesterday. Itupun setelah we finally understood Mummy's hints.

We made tart nenas. And the pineapple filling CY made was soooo amazing, I decided to bake butter cakes to sandwich the jam. MI and MH came too so it was nice.

Itu yang best about raya for me, the preparation. If I think about my past rayas, I always thought about the preparations. Usually the day before, sebab lagi last minute, lagi thrill. HEHEHHEHE...

I remember one raya eve Mom was still sewing her curtains (I remember them being green...hahahahhah), us girls were baking, Bapak was outside with the ketupat and the boys... tengok tv kot.

I also remember there was one puasa month, I managed to come back to Malaysia. Again, the day before Raya us girls were busy baking but because I was rarely home, it was very special. We had sooo much fun. We took pictures and was happily goofing around. At one point we got hungry but all we could find was a packet of soto leftover from buka.

To make it enough for the four of us, I stirred in huge amounts of cili kicap to stop us from wolfing it down. We laughed so much while we tried to slurp the extra hot soup (for reasons that have now alluded me, slurping hot soup was colossally funny) and the next day, our raya was interrupted with frequent visits to the loo.

Anyway, I still went to work today. Company bagi half day so rugilah kan. But I have a lot if work !! It looks like I have to go to the office for awhile on Tuesday. Darn it.

Today CY and I sambung with the kuih raya making. She made more pineapple tarts while I made Jejari Kacang, Mom's must have kuih raya. It was sooo difficult to make I finished up 2 batches in 3 hours. Tak sempat dah nak buat apa.

I thought of making carbonara for buka but Kamil was having none of it. He got wind of Mom's plan to include Sup Tulang in the buka menu. I managed to prepare the batter for the cakes but didn't bake them sebab dah pukul 6 dah. My oven's timer dial dah tercabut. Although it is still functional but I have no idea what was the number I turn the dial to, so tak berani nak leave the cake in the oven while I was away.

After buka quickly went to get my baju raya from the tailor and then bawak my brothers to Sunway Pyramid for last minute baju raya. Sedih tau. I actually sent 4 kains for baju kurung sometime in June. Then last week I asked KM, bila baju siap. She said next week. Call again and she said Raya eve. I wasn't surprise because she always, always left mine to the last minute and I always, always got mine raya eve.

Tadi I called to arrange for the best time to collect my bajus and she told me, with a little laugh, that she only made 1. One ! Uno ! Satu !

Aku tahulah aku ni bukan jenis marah, but jangan lah treat aku macam tu sekali. Come on lah. I hantar so awal why can't she make mine first ? Sometimes kan orang selalu take advantage dengan orang yang tak nak marah macama aku ni. Macam senang-senang aje nak tolak ke tepi ke tengah. Tapi dia tak tahu aku tak nak marah dia just because aku hormat. Plus, she is damn good at her work. HAhahah.. Jangan sampaku naik fed-up dah lah. Kang aku hantar kat orang lain kang...

And I don't know why, aku sedih sangat dapat 1 baju aje tahun ni. Kalau 2 tu boleh tahan jugak lah, tapi ini satu. Tomorrow raya kat sini but second raya balik kampung. And I want to wear a new one for my kampung.

Sedih tau... Terkilan sangat rasanya. Nak pegi beli yang ready made, aku dah janji dengan adik2 nak bawak dia orang shopping pulak.. So tak sempat.

Takpalah nasib baik ada baju baru masa CY kawin ari tu. Kamil kata pakai ajelah baju lama. Ada banyak yang belum pakai, katanya. Hallo... I ni perempuan. Working woman pulak tu. Mana ada baju kurung yang belum pakai. Orang laki yelah tak pakai baju Melayu pergi kerja and pergi function. Tapi orang perempuan ni, baju kurung staple tau dak. Staple !!!!

Macam budak-budak rasanya merajuk tak de baju raya. Dah tua-tua ni sensitive agaknya.

Anyway, I just switched off the oven and pliers turned my oven timer (dial tu dah tercabut so kena pusing by kepit the thin inner dial with pliers. Canggih sungguh oven tak sampai 2 tahun aku ni.)

Kamil just finished washing his car and right now is berrating his cat Gizmo for hissing at Nosey and Moggie, her 2 older children. Mentang-mentang dah ada baby baru, anak-anak lama-lama dia naik menyampah pulak. Kamil doesn't tolerate bad attitudes even from his cats.

Selamat Hari Raya from me. Hope you have a good and tears free one. I know I will be bawling because Kamil is forcing to visit Shera. The thought of her grave pun buat aku nangis, a physical visit would definitely warrant a wail.

I really don't want to go.

Anyway, minta ampun dan maaf jika ada tersilap kata dan tersalah laku.

PS : When I was still at school, bila kita cakap Maaf Zahir dan Batin mesti ada yang cakap, batin tu untuk suami isteri aje. I never understood it because seriously, aku tak tahu apa maksud batin. But hari tu baca 99 nama Allah, batin tu maksudnya yang tersembunyi. So meaning, zahir dan batin is yang nampak dan yang tak nampak.. or something like that.

So... apa kena mengena dengan suami isteri ?

Cuba explain sat.

2 comments:

Cik Kiah said...

Adakah kita menghantar baju pada tailor yg sama CPK? Aku punya haram tak siap sampai la ni n i hantar April tau!! And men...they don't understand kan yg kita pompuan walaupun berlambak baju kurung dlm lemari tapi semua kita pakai pi kerja, so they don't qualify as baju raya.

BTW, SHRMZDB (sorry malas type panjang2)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Apakah aku baru perasan CK punya comment ni ?

CK adakah tailor anda di Shah Alam sek 27 ? WAAAA !