Sunday, April 21, 2013

Aku yang ntah hapa-hapa

So we had our belated anniversary dinner yesterday. We went to Jojo's at Tropicana. The food was nice enough, I suppose, although my penne was on the hard side of al-dente. Kamil said although the food was nice, he had had better. Down side, the dessert menu wasn't that impressive.

So... what is happening now is.. Kamil and I will start on a journey to find good Italian cuisine in the Klang Valley. Our next one is Prego at the Westin. Besides, we kinda like having dinner somewhere nice, just the two of us. As I put it to Kamil, what is wrong going off to KL at night during the weekend ?

Heh.

Anyway, while there bizarrely we talked about our schooldays. And I told him this story;

Masa aku sekolah rendah, there was this girl who rubbed me the wrong way. Hell, she still does. We are FB friends and we bump into each other once in a while so I know she still has that power over me. I dislike everything about her. Her mannerism which I found brash, her demeanour which I found crude. I even found her face to be the wrong side of nice. I find it to be garang and unkind, tiada kelembutan whatsoever.

Anyway after years of harbouring this much contempt towards her, one day maybe masa kami darjah 4 I blurted out to her, "Kau ni memang tak ladylike langsung. Duduk mencangkung sambil makan..." It was sudden and unexpected sampai Minah tu tercengang tengok aku. Aku and kawan aku pun turut tercengang sekali.

Tercengang notwithstanding, I felt liberated after that. Aku tak rasa bersalah langsung sedangkan it was very uncharacteristic on my part. I don't do that you know, dispensing nasty stuffs to people like that but that girl really rubs me the wrong way !

Her comeback came 2 days after that. She caught up with me and tried to remind me of what I said to her, which I pretended not to remember. Silap dia lah. It shouldn't take you to 2 days, kan ? Anyway, she said, "Awak pun tak ladylike jugak sebab awak duduk terkangkang dalam kelas !"

Hehehhehe..............

Kamil of course asked what she meant by that. Well... apparently a girl called Jay (not her real name) and I are the only 2 girls in the school who failed to keep our feet together when we sit at our desks, exposing our errmmm.... little whities for all to see. Seriously, you couldn't see it unless you go under your desk and take a conscious look. In my case, only one boy bothered to look... and exposed me, no pun intended. Hell he even tried to shoot at me... there.... with a scrunched up paper using a slingshot ! I hate that guy.

So.... memori ini yang terkeluar during my anniversary dinner. Kamil of course tercengang-cengang dengar cerita ni and after a good 1 minute trying to take it all in, he said, "You know... masa I sekolah dulu I had fun. It was nice, CLEAN fun. I have never seen or did anything like that before ...!"

Believe you me, that was the very few occasion that I was unkind. And I didn't like myself for it. I also realised that I could actually be a snob. Why do I think that my demeanour and disposition is beyond reproach pun aku tak tahu. Sebab when I looked at her, aku rasa macam dia ni tak ada ... tak tau lah. Yang herannya she is the only person that made me feel this way.

There was another incident involving her which irritated me. This time we were in high school. It was hari sukan and there I was waiting for the next event (sebab my boyfriend took part... he was a sprinter you know... And nope, it was not Kamil...) and there she appeared with her own boyfriend who was from another school. When her friends saw them, they gave a loud whoop. 

"Ini lah boyfriend kau ye..." Ayat gempak macam tu pun dah boleh buat aku pejam mata therefore you can just imagine how I needed to restrain myself from blurting out more insults when she replied with, "Ye dan jangan rampas tau !" before smugly sitting down on the grass. Her equally smug looking boyfriend followed suit and I on the other hand groaned and wondered why I was put there, at that very moment to hear all that. Why ?

Of course I am kind to her now. But sadly... not without trying.

Why am I like this ? To her ? 


No comments: