Monday, April 22, 2013

Macchiato and kenduri kawin

I am not a coffee drinker. I do however love the smell of it. When I was pregnant with Abang, I had to pass a coffee bar on the way to the shops. The smell of freshly brewed coffee would always catch my attention. So tantalising, so inviting.  In fact it  was extremely tantalising and inviting that one day I couldn’t resist it anymore and bought a cup. I inhaled the sweet, sweet aroma, took a sip and not liking it still. I was shocked cause I thought I would develop a taste for it since I like the smell so much but tak de jugak.  When the coffee cooled and I couldn’t really smell it anymore, I threw it away.
That started my bouts of buying coffee just to inhale it and throwing the full shebang in the bin afterwards. I would have survived Sadiq Sigaragar’s house.
Anyway, the reason why I am telling that story is because I have started to drink a coffee concoction called macchiato. I have no idea what it is but I love it. Don’t ask me of the difference of latte, espresso or what-not. I wouldn’t have the faintest idea but I absolutely adore macchiato. Problem is, it makes me sleepy. Coffee does have that reverse effect on me. Instead of making me jumpy and energise, it makes me sleepy and sluggish instead.
Saying that, I do drink coffee that my mom makes. She would always have a cup just for herself (us kids are not allowed) and whenever I have the chance, I would sneakily take a sip. Sedap sangat. Mak kita kan ? Rebus air pun sedap.
Yesterday which is a Sunday, Kamil and I took my mom to a kenduri kawin. Her cousin kawinkan anak. Usually attending kenduri kawins of the people you hardly know is boring. As soon as we arrived, Mom was whisked away by her cousins and expecting to be stuck there for quite some time, we people watched (accompanied with comments) to while our time away and have a good laugh.
Tengok orang pakai baju lawa, baju tak lawa. Kena ke tak tudung ngan baju. We also questioned whether the designer bags they toted on their arms were real or fake. We even tried to guess what car they drove from the clothes that they wore. It was so much fun. Seriously. It was.
That was the pro.
The con ? Well Kamil questioned my sanity when some of the bajus that I admired was something that he abhorred. He even took pictures of some to show me just how ugly they were, from another angle. That man has no imagination what-so-ever.
All in all it was an okay Sunday.

2 comments:

blu4sky said...

salam CPK,
haha..kita serupa.. i pun suka bau coffee but i don't drink coffee :)
i even bought packets of kopi tumbuk sebab bau sedap..at the end of the day..semua masuk dalam cik tong sebab dah keras macam batu..hahaha..

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Salam blu4sky. I am glad I have kawan !! hahahahah.....