Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Aku ada macam-macam masaalah

Adik is a burper. No. Even the crass-ness of the word burper is too soft to describe her. I think the best way to describe her is kuat belahak.

Yup.

Many a times we have told her to do it nicely. To do it delicately. Like a lady.

But no. She chose a more masculine way to let out gas. A lady’s burp would be devoid of sound and movement. Hers consists of a huge bellow coupled with a body that jerk forwards and mouth gaping open.

Unsightly.

I know.. she is a little girl… but still… it doesn’t come out cute.

It has been a sore subject between us. We would tell her to quit it or at least control it and she would insist that it could not be controlled.

Really ?

Entah lah.

I possess no medical journals nor encyclopaedia to consult.

Anyway things got rather embarrassing for us when she lets out a satisfied belch in public. And the mutha of mortification happened.. oh.. last week during my birthday dinner. I tell you it was a disaster just waiting to happen.

We just ordered when I saw a guy looked at me in recognition. He and his family just came and was about to be shown to their table. I know him, he looked familiar but I just can’t place him anywhere. Until he smiled that gentlemanly smile and then I know. I waved and he waved back and approached us with his family in tow.

Now, this guy is a prince among men. He is a gentlemen. He and his boss are gentlemen. I have never seen persons so rich and titled and hold a high position in corporate Malaysia to be so humble and nice. These people are simply nice people.

How I know him ? My last project with my old boss was with them and I meet them regularly. Eventhough I am just a kuli, and he knows it, but he still regard me as a human deserving respect and therefore came to say hello.

Huh.. I know many people yang baru managerial level pun dah sombong Ya Rabbi but this guy is in the board of a huge and well known finance house in Malaysia. I will tell more about him and his boss in another entry.

Anyway, A came and we exchanged news about the project.. well since I left. He then asked about my kids and told us some about his and it was nice. My kids behaved, the small talk went without a hitch and he went to sit at a table behind us.

All was well. I was happy to see him because I do hold him in high regard and it was just really nice to see him again. Plus… well I was pleased that he remembers me. Kah kah…

Anyway, we ate and all and suddenly, “BELAHAK !!!!!!!”

Ya Rabbi !!!! Punya kuat sampai aku pun tersentak.

People at the next table laughed and I could hear A laughed. And his children. And his super gorgeous wife.

“Err… who did that ?” I asked, looking around trying to pass the blame to anybody, just anybody else in the restaurant and not that sweet looking girl in front of Kamil.

“ME !” My daughter confessed eagerly and I heard more laughter around us.

Oh dear. Habis my street cred, okay ? Hancus !!!

“Mummy .. your friend pun is laughing…” Said the little belcher happily, pointing her naughty finger at A whose seat faced us. My eyes widened some more and rasa nak titik titik je jari tuh.

WAAAAAA !

How do you get up to leave after that ? With loads of courage my friends. Loads of them.

Sigh.

Anyway, Kamil and I talked about that for days. About Adik and her gas problem. We just couldn’t understand it because neither of us are like that.

Until my birthday dinner on Saturday that is when CY let out a huge belch while eating. The body jerk, the gaping mouth even the sound was akin to that of my daughter.

I gasped and prayed Kamil didn’t hear. He of course did and as I slowly looked at him with a wince and a guilty face, he was already looking at me with comprehension and understanding. How could I forget that CY has the same habit too ?

“Itu gene CY ! My God ! Adik got your family’s gene !!!!!”

I laughed and she laughed and he laughed with a bloody satisfied laugh and a bloody conceited face.

Adik’s father is free from the blame. And I have to shoulder the shame everytime dia buat perangai. Tak kuasa aku dengan kau CY woiii !!!!!!!!! Menyusah kan aku aje !! Kalau ya pun belahak lah lain kali… Jangan depan Kamil !!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!

But don’t worry, Kamil’s smug face doesn’t last long. Something happened that allowed me to turn the table and blame his genes pulak.

To be continued.

6 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

anak hang sgt comei!! tehehhe.. teringin aku nak dengaq how kuat is the belahak!

Nadia.Is.Cute said...

Oh CPK... I belahak badly. It's something that others have gotten used to. And taken for granted of. Until I went to a movie. And sat next to a girl. And belched. And heared that girl go, "Eeew..." And realized that it's actually that bad. Obviously bila dah start with one belch, there's gonna be a string of 17 other belches right... So I tried to kinda squeeze them down to become farts instead. Though I don't remember if I was successful. I hope it doesn't get blogged about. Maloo siut.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot... toksah le.. tak lalu makan karang

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Nad... I dunno whether that is better or worse... the compression thingy....

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

heheheheh..kelakar . my no 3 is exactly like this larh ,..macam mana ah? I puuuuuuunnn hve talks with the husband..maybeit will die off??

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Superwoman please share me the secret of your success of your daughter ever berjaya to overcome that problem.. PLEASE !!!!!