Sunday, June 13, 2010

I don't know what to write

So here I am trying to write something in my blog.

These past few weeks, every time I had a great idea for a blog entry, I’d be in no position to write. I willed and willed myself to remember whatever it was but I never did. When I am finally in front of the computer, my blog on the screen, my mind went blank. Very frustrating indeed.

Work is draining. I enjoy my new job, I like the challenge especially it is something I have never done before. I am supposed to be in training but because of unforeseen circumstances, I have to buck up and join in the forces for real. No training for me. Actual work is training.

But… I am struggling to do reports and presentations, their style. Just because well it is different. My old job requires different kind of reporting but this new one, well… it is simply different. But my boss seemed not to understand that I am new and thus needed time to learn. He also seemed to forget that I came with zero experience in this particular field so again I need time to learn. What he remembers is my senior position and kept reminding me of it.

Being with a super understanding boss for 6 years made me grossly unprepared to face and tackle the exact opposite of him.

Why did you leave him ? Asked my surprised colleague when we talked about our past experiences. Yeah… I am wondering why now.

Kah kah.. ! No… nobody is perfect. My old boss posed a different problem and that kind of shit I had to take leave from.

Kamil’s old boss once told him that there is no perfect workplace. Therefore we need reliable and trustworthy colleagues. Alhamdullilah, I think I found them in my team. It is early days yet to really be for sure but Insya-Allah I think I can count on them.

They take me in with open arms and were always telling me where I did wrong and always willing to teach me a few things or two. So for that, I offer my thanks to Allah SWT. I cannot have a perfect package all the time and I accept that.

By the way, before I got the offer I prayed and prayed to HIM to show me which was the best way to go and he gave me a clear sign that I have to follow this way. So I have to be patient because HE sorta indicated to me that this job would give a better future for me and my family.

Sabar.

Sabar.

Sabar.

Err… and I hope I read the signs right. Ha ha !

By the way. I had my birthday last Wednesday.

I came home to a dark house and saw candles being lighted thorugh the darkened window. Ha ha… traditional way for a surprise birthday party anywhere in the world.

I was touched because it was the type of cake I like but none of my family would ever touched with a 10-foot pole. Kamil kept asking where I wanted to go for dinner. I had no idea where but the kids shouted Sushi !

Urrghh ! Well…. I am 34 and I cannot have my own way when it comes to birthdays so sushi it was.

Kamil gave me an old cd that I lost. He found it somewhere or rather, the single of I Finally Found Someone by Bryan Adams and Barbra Streisand for the soundtrack of ‘The Mirror Has 2 Faces’. I was touched because it signifies that he remembers what I have to do, rebuild my cd collection again.

You guys know that we used to live with his parents right ? Well… when we moved out, we forgot about a few knick kacks here and there. While his mom returned some of the stuffs back to us, she threw my whole cd collections away. CDs that I accumulated from my England days.

Sigh. All those singles and all those one hit wonders and all those disbanded bands. Where can I get old Skunk Anansie cd here in Malaysia ?

Please, anyone has a copy of Weak by that band ? Pinjam …. !

1 comment:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

happy birthday laling..

sonotnyer ada surprise.. bila la mr p nak buat kat aku niehhh