Saturday, June 12, 2010

Karate Kid

Last night we caught the 10 o’clock show for Karate Kid.

I was quite interested to watch it because I love the Ralph Macchio/Pat Morita team and was curious to see how this one would fare.

And the verdict ? It was GREAT !

I love it ! Immensely !

It was waaayyyy better than the original.

In the original you do get frustrated with the amount and type of moves Ralph could do. By the time his tournament came around, you sweated a bit because you keep thinking, he is going to win with those moves ? Only those ? Surely Mr Miyagi could teach him more sophisticated way to kick ?

And it was huge miracle that he managed to get to the finals let alone win it.

But this one, with Mr Han replacing Mr Miyagi, there was real action. REAL ones. You got excited thinking that he was finally going to kick some butts and you know… you were more confident that he was going to win it. I mean, you know he is going to win it, yeah but I just like to feel a bit more positive for the hero.

Jade Smith is a fabulous actor. That kid is gonna go far. He looks like his dad you know. He is his dad. His face, his acting everything screams Will Smith. He is super gorgeous, you all.

The orang jahat I have to say looks like Jet Li. And he is one fine actor too. SO fine that if I ever bump him anywhere, I will definitely try to give him at least a black eye. Kasi hentak sikit.

Jackie Chan has always been my eternal favourite. When I was little, I used to watch Police Story and Drunken Master over and over again. I just can’t bear to watch him in Shanghai Night (and Noon) and in the Rush Hours though. Dunno why.

The movie is indeed fun. You will unwittingly go AUUWWW and OOFFFHHH during the fights and you will feel sad when the depressing bit gets and you will wince when the bully comes into the picture. “Run, Dre ! He is there !” you’d feel like saying.

I am just a sucker for movies like this. Like what ? Err… like this lah… !

So… what next ?

Hmmm … A-Team ?

No comments: