Monday, June 14, 2010

Cerita weekend yang panjang berjela

So weekend huh ?

Hmm… Friday…. Friday…. Friday…. What happened ? Went to work sure but after that… Friday night.. Oh.. ha ha… We went to watch Karate Kid which you guys know I think is awesome. Because the show started at 10 pm, I had time to cook at home first. Kamil’s grateful face when he came home to burning stove and hot kitchen was pitiful.

Sorry, hon.

Saturday morning no tennis because nobody could open their eyes that early. Went to piano class, sent Abang home and then CY picked me and Adik up. Ana and Esya were already in the car.

Picked up CT and off we went to Ampang Park ! Yiihaaa !!!

We had lunch before going to the kedai kain for my baju raya. Penat aku datang awal as the promised kains belum sampai lagi. Upon calling the owner she asked for 20 minutes more so what did we do ? Took the LRT to KLCC. Best.

However sampai aje depan RotiBoy I realised that we, all of us, have made a grave error. “CY ! Kita datang KLCC pakai baju Ampang Park !!!” I said in horror.

Waaa ! Malunya as all of us were so sempoi ! I was in a tatty t-shirt and old cardi. CY pun was in selebet t-shirt and jeans. CT lagi… baju kelawar…. Kah kah…. Even the kids were selebet but what to do. We were there already.

Ha ha.. !

Anyway, we went to Zara and each sister bought a top. Mine is super cute. To all tudung wearing readers, sila ke Zara as this season banyak baju ala-ala Muslimah.

Went back to Ampang Park to choose my kain but what a disappointment. Among the newly delivered kains, I only found 1 that I like. One !! And the one Kamil likes from last week was gone. He he….

Balik Shah Alam to send the kids home before we head to the newly opened Jakel in Shah Alam. Cengginilah… I don’t think I will go again because the kedai was so semak, the crowd too sardine-y and the kains were not much to talk about. We came out of the shop empty handed but added pening kepala.

Okay probably if we go on a weekday and the shop was not that packed, we would have probably had a better chance to have a proper look around. Probably.

Anyway came home all kenyang from apam balik tak sedap we bought depan Jakel. It sucked so please don’t even think about it, kay ?

Surprisingly Kamil wasn’t hankering for food. Aku tunggu gak dia start nak bising pasal aku keluar tak bagi dia makan. But he was shtoom. Even the kids were not demanding for sustenance.

Until 9 pm and my sister called to say “Datang lah rumah Mum. Mum marinade ayam and dia buat barbeque… Tiba-tiba aje….Dia suruh datang aku datanglah...” Pulak. Ini bukan ajak-ajak ayam.. but ajak-ajal defensive. My suspision was piqued.

Hmmm….. then I know.

Kamil lak sibuk nar tanya who called. “CT… Mummy buat barbeque…” Said I, as nonchalant as possible. But this guy is not a good actor as his muka purak-purak tak tahu showed that he actually tahu.

“Ada birthday party I ke ?” I tried.

“Ha ? Tak tahu pun… Mana ada !” Hidung start kembang… Lagi sure sign dia tengah kelentong.

“Iya ? You tak bising pun pasal lapar ke, hapa ke….”

“I lapar lah… I tak makan satu hari tau….” Hmm… start dah…

“Kenapa tak makan. Dah besar pun tak reti nak cari makan ke ?”

“Hari kerja je I boleh… Sabtu Ahad I need you to feed me…” Gatal. Tadi elok aje…

So we drove to Mum’s house and the house smelt heavenly of burnt chicken and sweet marinade. I don’t care lah ada surprise party ke tak de ke, what is important my tummy was strangely empty again and I was ready to sink my teeth into a piece of chicken and tear a bit of flesh. Yumm !

Tengah syok-syok makan suddenly I saw Ian and Noreen came. Confused jap but as my mind was whirring to identify if my vision was indeed true, I acknowledged that they came to celebrate my birthday. The twosome presented with a very generous gift. I didn’t realize how generous it was until the next day though when I had the time to have a proper look.

Anyway, we ate and the cakes were taken out and even though there were 2 cakes, I didn’t get to blow any of the candles off. The kiddies and the ceiling fan got to it first.

As we ate, I dunno how the idea of tengok midnight came about and by 11.30 we were already home to change to wayang clothes (read : winter apparels). CY came to pick us up much to her annoyance because eversince she drives an mpv, everybody counts on her for a ride. Yelah.. dah keluarga ramai.. mpv is godsend, kay ?

However she moved to the back seat as soon as she saw Kamil… Turn Kamil pulak bengang.

We raced to MidValley and luckily we managed to get tickets for The Killers. It sucks if you want to know. Ashton Kutcher’s beauty could not save the movie. Not even Tom Sellecks dashing good looks could. Really, really bad movie.

We arrived home to an empty house because Bibik was away and the kids were sleeping over at my mom’s. I immediately went to bed but Kamil stayed up to watch football. England seri by the way. England sucks too.

Sunday was a bit relaxed. Well… not really as I brought work home. Sigh… I had to decline an order of 1 butter cake and 1 chocolate cake.

Lunch was at Tesco’s JM Briyani and then food shopping. Balik Kamil and I tried to catch back on our sleep from yesterday. Malam the kids wanted pizza so we took them there. Kamil and I didn’t have any because we were still full from lunch.

11.30 pm I sahur-ed and then sleep.

And then suddenly I found myself in the office again, re-reading my investigation report.

Did the weekend really happened ?

YAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNN !

2 comments:

Nadia.Is.Cute said...

saya suka itu cerita lei. so does that mean i may not like karate kid? i donch know. but yeah. where did the weekend go? baju raya treasure hunt pun belum berlangsung for us. dah kena start carik ke?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

What ? Killers ? Okay.. maybe I was too sleepy to appreciate it ?

Yeah.. you just reminded me that I have to cari baju raya budak2 gak..