Monday, August 16, 2010

Accidental weekend...

Monday morning and I am blogging..

Something yang menghairankan sejak-menjak aku tukar majikan ni...

Never mind... Let me write my usual posting... My weekend..

Err... before that sorry... I was too busy to write about my last weekend. And at this monent I can't recount what I did so let bygones be bygones...

Oh... selamt menyambut ramadhan... Will write more on that later ... Believe me... I will write.. ahak ...

Anyway, Saturday after classes dok rumah tungguh Kamil balik. Let him rest awhile before we start our journey to Tampin to visit my new brother-in-law's family. His dad passed away first of Ramadhan and we still haven't paid our respects yet... Well visit his mom more than anything else. Bibik was sent to visit her daughter first.

Mom followed us and we spent 2 hours talking to his family. My BIL has a very nice family. All his aunts and uncles from Sarawak (his mom's side) were still there. They have been camping there the minute his father was taken ill. Such family loyalty. I am glad my sister is in that family as you can see the love they have for each other, tak kisahlah ipar ke or adik beradik sendiri.

Kamil pecut on the way home and Mom sempat buat roti jala as requested by Adik in 1 hour, eaten with kari ayam semalam. My brother bought this amazing murtabak from sek17 and we had a lovely buka. No nasi... which was good because tummy wasn't heavy.

Balik for Maghrib first then we went to Tesco Extra for Ragu ingredients. Anak-anak dah tak larat makan nasi. As soon as we got home, I put water to boil for the pasta and started the Ragu.

Abang wanted to help, and as the norm my refusal was already at the tip of my tongue before I caught myself. Why not ? I thought. He will be 10 soon and he is responsible enough. I mean he had been helping with my bakings anyway, so... this is just the next step kan ?

Plus... he heh... in the car to Tampin Adik was whining about wanting roti jala kan.. After Tok promising to make some for her, Tok said, "Nanti Tok ajar Adik masak roti jala dengan kari, okay ? Kalau suka kita kena masak sendiri. Tok masa kecik2 dulu kalau suka apa2 Tok belajar terus sampai sedap..." Ooohh... patut le my Mom is an excellent cook.

So remembering what she said in the car, I agreed to let my kiddies helped. Abang started the stove and Adik poured in the Olive Oil. I let Abang added all the ingredients and sauteed them. Even the beef. He was a quick learner and very enthusiastic about it. Cuma he has to learnt to control his movements as the food flew out of the pan ! But it was a satisfying experience as I taught them about the herbs and what they were for... hehhe... dah alang-alang ada herb garden kat rumah kan...

After the sauce was cooked Abang kata he wanted to taste the end result tapi punyalah lama dekat stove, the wooden spoon made numerous trips between the pan and his mouth Kamil jerit, "Rasa ke makan ?" He he...

Anyway... that was for soq so after I made sure everything was covered from the elements, tidur.

Baru nak lelap tiba-tiba Kamil dah gerak for soq. While he woke the kids up I went down the stairs. Tengah syok-syok turun tangga, tiba-tiba I could feel the ground no more and my butt was firmly on the landing. Both of my feet bent to the right, coupled with this excruciating, excruciating pain. I exxagerate not, okay ?

Screamed for Kamil who took his sweet time to come and get me, I must say. He righted me up and I hobbled downstairs. I had to sit down because pressure on the left foot was painful. Kamil re-heated the pasta while the kids set the table. I sat on the dining chair trying to ignore the pulsing pain. Pulsing okay.. pulsing. Kamil rubbed some Counterpain and it helped somewhat.

I was helped upstairs by my kids and tried to get some shut-eye. I did managed some. Woke up with my foot still not good. Bathed and hobbled downstairs.

Sapu more ubat and prayed for it to go away but it didn't. By 11 am Kamil packed us all up to the hospital. Doctor suruh x-ray, but I was a bit reluctant sebab I had always felt that private hospitals like to order unnecessary test to get revenue.

Doctor insisted and so I must. Kang pandai2 lak jadi lain pulak. Anyway, when an attendant wnated to wheel me away, Adik looked at me in earnest and entreated me to, "Calm down, Mummy.. Calm down..." menyampahnya aku dengan budak ni. Doctor pun gelak.

Abang tanya where they were taking me and Kamil as usual buat lawak bangang and said to be cut. That set my daughter off again. She quickly planted herself in front of me and said, "Bye-bye kaki... I am going to miss you...." with such sadness. Merepeklah dia ni.

Anyway luckily doctor insisted for the x-ray because with the naked eyes, they wouldn't be able to see that ropa-ropanya I have torn my ligament !

What ? I was a bit confused because I sure hell was not familiar with ligaments and although have heard of it, just accepted it as something footballers got. Whatever it is, I got it now and it is serious... Quite serious..

An orthopaedic doctor ( I dunno if there is such thing as orthopaedician...ha ha)was summoned to confirm it and he did just that. What lah..... I didn't need a cast, Alhamdullilah to that, but I was bandaged very tightly. It was uncomfortable. And... I was to come again the next day for a spot of physiotheraphy.

And so it began my era of hopping on one foot. It was very inconvenient I tell you because well... I can't go anywhere. I have to rest the feet as walking would slow the healing process. I got 1 week MC and in my daze heard doc said I will only heal completely in 6 weeks time.

What ? Oh.. I was to get me crutches the next day during theraphy.

Whaatt ?

Apa ni ? I only bangun to get soq ready for my family... How on earth did we get here ?

Anyway malam Kamil went to pick up Bibik and he was devious that one. He didn't tell Bibik of what had happened while she was away and so when she saw me, she was shocked and horrified . "Ya Allah kenapa ini ?"

"Itulah Bik, orang degil jatuh tangga....." Said Kamil with face so superior. Aku tak tau awat.

Bibik geleng kepala and said, "Ada aja dalam rumah ini...."

Yelah....

Errm... tapi kan aku tak paham, apa kena mengena dengan aku degil and jatuh tangga ? What ? What ? What ?

4 comments:

kay_leeda said...

If it's any consolation to you, I langgaq pintu hari tu bila nak bersahur okay. Nasib baik tak benjol kepala.

You take it easy okay. Penat tu...that's why sampai jatuh-jatuh. Btw, degil ka? Ohhh join da club :D

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

alahai what an incident... sabar le myra oiii... ni nak suruh hang dok diam2.. rilek sket kat rumah.. :)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kak Kay... he he.... biasalah... I rasa bila umur dah meningkat ni macam co-ordination pulak menurun..

And I seriously tak paham kenapa I yang degil... I tak paham... Dah jatuh... apa kena mengena ? Somebody please enlighten me !

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot... aku risau sebenaqnya ni... My team dah pi Pasir Gudang aku kena tinggai... AKu takut gila ini effect aku punya confirmation nanti... Manalah nak tau...