Sunday, August 01, 2010

Adik puasa okay ?

Macam-macam nak cerita...

Right now I am on Adik's bed, saja lepak dengan anak-anak waiting for them to sleep. Adik has been sneezing interrupting her attempts to sleep. Abang is sitting on the bed reading his second Percy Jackson book, intermittently updating me of what was happening to Percy and friends.

Alhamdullilah... I really want my kids to be bookworms. Nothing can open their minds and build their vocabulary like reading.

Tadi in the car their father dah start pesan, Ramadhan is near.. The kids dah besar so dah memang paham sendiri. "Adik kena puasa okay tahun ni ?" Abang pujuk in his usual style, soft pitch with rapidly blinking eyes plus the kindest face he could muster.

"Tapi nanti my tummy lapar... start grumbling....."

"Adik........" said Abang with a very drama swasta lilt, "kita puasa supaya kita ingat orang yang susah, yang takde makan.....Okay ? So that nanti kita kesian...." He he.... Boleh lah Abang.....

Adik sighed. "Tapi E tak puasa pun....Ä pun....." I expected that from Adik.

Abang sighed."Ädik... A is a baby ... she is still small" I expected that too. "And E is not well-mannered... so there is no point talking to her...." That... I didn't expect. Hehehheheheh.....

"Okay.. then we have to do something to make her puasa....." Suggested Adik. Aku tahu tu, dia tak nak dengki tengok orang makan so everybody had better puasa....

"And I think I got an idea....."She added.

"What ?"

"Well.... something.... I thought of..."

"Tell me lah... Let me hear it...."

"Okay.... why don't we put all the food in a box....."

"In a box ? That doesn't sound like a good idea...." Abang interjected. Then,"never mind... go on... please continue...." Hehhehehehe.... merepeklah dia orang ni.....

"Okay... we put all the food in a box and..... hide it ! That way, she has to puasa and I will be happy !"

I could feel Abang's sceptical face. I knew he wore that look right at that very moment and my prediction was right because I heard him reply, "That is not a very good idea... She can find it.... And eat it.... And you know she will cry and make a fuss if she does not get her way..... We'd better find a better plan...." He said.

Then, tone softer he said, "But... you must puasa first, okay ?"

He he.... It was not a very interesting conversation. They didn't invent the wheel but I just want to record it, to take note the words and phrases they use at their respective ages.

I just want to remember the issues they have... and it is not as unimportant as I thought it would be !

No comments: