Sunday, August 29, 2010

Aku dari kecik2 imagination memang teruk....

Today to pass the time, Kamil ajak pegi Subang Parade.. And Subang Parade is more wheelchair friendly then KLCC because they have ramps... can I call them ramps ?.. or bridges I suppose...apart from escalators to connect one floor to another.

So we didn't waste anytime to wait for the elevator to move from top to bottom.

The kuih rayas on sale looked so tempting. We never bought any kuihs from unacquainted stalls but when I saw one so beautifully designed to be mouthwatering and was informed it is orange flavoured, I grabbed a box immediately.It tasted like Cadbury Zip perisa orange, kay ? Am gonna get the strawberry flavour ones as soon as I could manage and stock up the orange ones for raya. They are super delish !

I dunno why today, as I was wheeled around Subang Parade, I teringat sangat this one incident when I was small.. at a time when Globe Silk Store was still the place to go.

Heheh...

Anyway one puasa month Ayah took me and my sister CT to Globe for baju raya. When we got there, Ayah dropped me and CT in front of the store while he went to park the car. He knew he would have to park the car quite far away and wanted to spare his girls the long walk.

So there we were, CT and I in front of Globe, waiting for Ayah to join us. The place was busy. Cars were wheezing by, the blind men band were playing at their usual spot ... you know what it was like.

I dunno why that day, I felt that Ayah took such a long time to come and get us. And I don't know how long we had been waiting when I became very anxious. For some reason, as time passed by and kelibat Ayah masih tak nampak-nampak, I began to suspect that he actually was abandoning us there and did a runner.

I got more panicky by the minute when that idea formed in my head. I scanned the crowd many times over but still he wasn't there. At that time pulak I think a few buses stopped in front of the store, so there were quite a lot of people milling about and I was sooo scared that probably he had missed us in the crowd somehow. So I had a very panicky look around, trying to single out my dad from the many, many heads and arms and bodies and legs around me, my head jerking left, right and centre rapidly.

I remember clutching my sister's hand tightly as I kept on looking for the sight of my dad and... planned the means to get home if he had really left us there.

I did a mental calculation of the money I had with me which was nada. Then I tried to remember the way home and was quite pleased with myself because it didn't seem to be that far away.

I was confident that I could get my sister home to my mom... which was the surest thing on the earth for me at that time. Sure we would miss buka but the most important thing is to get home.

I also clearly remember my plan to approach the men in blue and ask for a ride home if necessary.

Sambil-sambil tu my heart kept sinking because makin lama, makin I was convinced that Ayah had really abandoned us there.

Aku sedih sangat sekarang because I can still remember how scared I was. The sadness toksah cakaplah because I am Ayah's little girl and I couldn't understand what I had done sampai kena buang kat Globe.

Aku sedih ni..... Hehehhe.....

Aku mula terbayang-bayang adik-adik kat rumah, my mom...I always see her cooking when I try to conjure her in my memory, the house... everything.... Sedihnya kena buang tu toksah cakaplah.

Lepas tu, tiba-tiba... there he was... my Ayah right in front of me, hands tighly folded and face very much bewildered as he looked at me.

"Awatnya muka macam tu ?" He asked.

My elation to see him cannot be described but I also cannot describe my embarrassment for having such wild imagination... and so little faith in my own dad.

Hehhehe..

I remember him cupping my face and asked, "You ingat I tinggai you kat sini ka ? Ayah dok duduk tang tu lama dah.. dok tengok kat you..."

I shook my head while wiping the tears that fell, while smiling with relief at him.

"Heh !" He said and shook his head and hugged me. The 'heh' is for "Apa hang ingat aku teruk sangat ni ?" I am sure. Then he smiled his bewildered smile and I never felt so happy at that moment.

I remember that year, he bought me a yellow cotton baju kurung with small yellow and orang flowers scattered all over. It had yellow piping which I really like.

For CT he chose a blue checked baju kurung which made her looked more boyish than ever, I thought.

Then he took us back to the car and it was a long walk indeed, which explained why it took such a long time for him to get to us. Plus I don't know how long he had been standing there, watching the play of emotions on my face

Why am I like this ?

I dunno...

No comments: