Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Budi bahasa...

So today I started work.

Went to the doctor for my follow up yesterday and he took the bandages out. But he sent me to the physiotherapist to be fitted with tight ankle guard. Still have to use the crutches though. A week without walking has left my muscles weak so it was painful.. hence the crutches.

And my ankle is swtill swollen.

And he gave me 15 days of mc.

Yahoo ! But ... I went to work today.

So... wasted, huh ?

Anyway, while waiting for my medication yesterday, a pakcik who sat near us asked, "Kenapa ni, nak ?"

I smiled fondly at him because I find him calling me 'nak' was so endearing.

Aku rasa Bahasa Melayu ni indah. That is why I refer myself as Makcik instead of Aunty because I find Makcik has more ummpphhh ! Plus, rasa macam segan lak nak panggil Aunty.

I know... you must be wondering why my children call me Mummy then. I didn't want them to. I wanted to be called Mak actually. I was dreaming about it. But then Mak has to come with Bapak and Kamil refused to be called so.

He said he wants to be called Abah, like his dad. And so when he said that, okay lah... I will be called Mummy just like my own Mum then.

But.. actually my Mum didn't plan to be called Mummy either. My eldest brother was born in the States and he lived there until he was near 3 I think so he was just immitating what his peers called their mums.

So it got stuck.

I also like to call those younger than me as Adik. I learnt that from an ex-colleague and I like it. Rasa macam sopan dan mesra sangat. So I took a leaf out of his book and never looked back.

Melayu itu budi bahasa aku rasa...

No comments: