Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Aku kona baik punya

I broke his watch hari tu.. Well bukanlah pecah kan.. just the fastener went a bit wonky after I dropped it. He got upset because that was his last one. His usual leather strap one battery dah kong. His black getah strap one, the getah strap putus… And now with this one also rosak at the strap, he has to use what he calls his orang tua watch.. a present from his dad.

So dia chom when he went to work. Luckily when he returned, he was trying very hard to stop smiling so I knew he has gotten over it. I have never been so glad to see a pair of nose (huge one at that) kembang kempis tahan senyum.

“I kena pegi Parade ni nak repair jam…..” Cakap buat-buat merajuk.

Hai lah Kamil. Aku tak tau lah hang ni spesis apa. Kalau hati dah sejuk tu, sudahlah… Why you want to pretend to be angry one ? Aku tak paham betullah… Apa hang ingat aku tak tau ka hang dah tak marah ? Dah 17 tahun yang oiii… 17 !!!!!

I made roast beef for the kids and when ustaz came, we prepared to leave. But then he still maintained his purak-purak marah, buat muka sombong. Eeeiii…. !

“You senyum dulu baru I ikut…. Kalau tak, I don’t want to go….” I threatened.

He rolled his eyes and handed me my tudung. “Smile !!!” I ordered. Bibik yang gelak. He just stuck out his tongue. I sighed and followed him out.

In the lift, he sighed and geleng2 kepala. Saja kan nak provoke aku. Me being me said, “I know you saja nak sabotage I….” He perked up at that and looked at me with a disbelief face.

“Can’t you just apologise for something you did ?” He demanded pulak.

“I did that already but you saja je nak prolong this thing… So bila pikir-pikir… now I know… you saja nak sabotage I… I honestly thought that it was my watch (I really did) that is why I picked it up. You let the watch pretended to be mine. I picked it up and then tiba-tiba je jatuh because you dah letak minyak sikit bagi dia licin…..You purposely nak bagi I jatuhkan jam you. I know you did that !”

His face was more than incredulous. He he….. “Why would I want to do that ?” He asked with a surprised face.

I inhaled and started, “Because I have been perfectly without any mistakes these past weeks so you tak puas hati. Therefore you saja je nak cari bahan nak gaduh so you hitched up that plan… You are itching to get angry at me but you can’t because I have done nothing wrong. I have been like an angel so you dah fed up tunggu I buat silap. So now …. you dapatlah alasan nak marah I. You kan suka marah I ?”

Terkebil-kebil mamat tu tak nak jawab. He he…. Barulah dia tak berani nak buat muka ‘aku orang teraniaya’ lagi.

Then dia gelak.

And he shook his head with amusement.

“Kenapa you nak kena menang ?”

It was my turn to be surprised. It was not about winning, darling. It is about you marah-marah I lah. You know at work, I was really susah hati because I was afraid you would be stewing with anger the whole day ? And keep on being angry when you come home ?

Boringlah kalau you balik marah-marah. Kita nak seronok-seronok… tak mau dok masam muka.

You know, I think about 2-3 days ago the kids were watching Percy Jackson (Adik is sooo in love with Percy) upstairs and we were watching the telly downstairs. Suddenly we heard thunderous footsteps coming down where Abang bravely showed his father the tv remote, now very much broken.

I was shocked because I didn’t think he was brave enough to show it to his father. Macam menyerah diri okay ?
Abang’s face showed no emotion.
Adik menyorok belakang Abang.
Kamil did the expected and started membebel. “See, dah rosak dah. Tak boleh guna dah…”

Hearing that I interjected. “Dah Kamil… sudah lah… They didn’t mean it. It was an accident. You guys pegi tidur now….” Kamil paling pantang kalau barang rosak. So better aku selamatkan anak-anak aku dulu.

When they were gone, I tried to soothe my husband. “Please take into account that your son was honest enough to show it to you. Kalau I… seriously… I akan campak dalam tong sampah and tak mengaku sampai mati…. But he didn’t… Please remember that…”

Kamil had in it in him to laugh. He is not a bad person but then he gets angry if things get broken (dia kelentong je pun nak takut kan budak-budak tu… Remote tu tak rosak pun… Dia siap sambung tengok Percy Jackson where the kids let off).Unnecessarily angry. And this guy can really membebel okay. Punya lah dahsyat sampai aku dah terbantut nak membebel.. Aku dah tak reti sebab aku tak pernah ada peluang.. Dah tak pernah practice kan ? Asyik dia je.

Like yesterday, he he… that was funny. Setelah aku menjatuhkan jam si Kamil boleh lagi I dropped my handphone as I got out of the car.

My children who were waiting for me gasped.

I too gasped.

And wailed.

“Oh dear, Mummy… Is it all right ?” Asked Abang.

I tried a few buttons and was relieved when it seemed to work. So I nodded.

“Huuu… nasib baik… Kalau tak Babah mesti marah….”

I looked at him and smiled.

“Babah kan… he gets very angry if technology got broken kan ?”

Apa dia ? Technology got broken ?

He hehehehehheheh heheheheheh hehehehehhe !

Kah kahkahkahkahkahkahkahkahkah kahkahakah.. !

Darling, sebab Babah gets upset if a technology he owns got broken lah Mummy kena kona tang lain bila jam Babah rosak. Bagi dia terkedu sikit so that he was too shocked to get angry….

Aduhai lah….

2 comments:

tireless mom said...

Hi Myra.

Life would be so boring without scenes like this at home. Cerita technology broken ni macam sama je senario kat my house. Not to mention the bebel episode. Tak sangka, ingat pompuan je kaki bebel, the opposite gender lagi hebat!!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Hi Kak Yatt... suka I sebab ada orang di dalam situasi I and memahami keadaan and ke-tensen-an I..

You know.. semalam I tertolak handphone dia dari atas sofa and jatuh ke lantai ?

Kenapakah I keep doing that to his beloved technologies ?