Friday, March 12, 2010

Do they never learn ?

I have always been a fan of Biggest Loser so when Biggest Loser Asia began, I became even more a kipas.

I don’t know why I love it so much. I just do. It is amazing kan seeing all those weight lost, isn’t it ? The determination and the actual sweat generated, dripping from the noses and the foreheads… Amazing… Okay and a bit yucky too.

Another reason why I like it is because I sort of got sedar diri a bit when I see them exercising, sort of motivates me and made me more aware the existance of my stepper, lurking in a very dark corner of my kitchen. And my bulges and stretch marks hidden behind my clothes. You try to ignore it but macam ada beacon that went Bip ! Bip ! Bip ! no matter how hard you tried to stifle it. Therefore I was forced to take it out (the stepper yeah, not the bulges…) and use it.

So it’s good. It's good.

Anyway, I of course was waiting for the finals in trepidation. Apart from wanting Aaron or Carlo to win, I really want to see how they turned out. Plus I was willing for Aaron to be as slim as Carlo because seriously, he still looked tubby when they left the villa for good.

But then those who crowded their telly at 9 pm was dissapointed because Astro made us wait an hour, forcing us to watch the repeat of last week’s episode.

Then when it finally was on air… oh…kecewanya daku !! Sebab nampak macam cheap production mana ntah !

The sound system was bad.
The picture quality was terrible. Terkenang MuzikMuzik 83 terus. That kind of quality.
The stage set up was also at its minimal best. Macam nak tak nak buat aje. Hot hot chicken shit, okay.

The show was missing the WOW factor.
Not enough music.
Not enough pomp and finery.
It was neither ostentious nor magnicent enough for a programme of that stature. It is an international programme but it looked so cheaply made.

We even almost missed the announcement for the winner of the do it at home contestants, okay. Like it was nothing special, nothing to be celebrated about. Sangat-sangat hambar. Drumrolls ka, or flashing lights ka, confetti rain ka or bunga api ka was not in the picture. Macam takdak budget.

The one that I was most embarrassed about was the lack of cheers when Jill and that gorgeous hunk of a trainer… which I have forgotten his name… (ha ha… tak gorgeous sangatlah tu kalau boleh lupa nama) from the original Biggest Loser in the States appeared on screen.

People should be screaming. There should be some noise. It should be a happy occasion but instead it was a very sedate one, like watching Forum Perdana.
-
I thought technology is cheaper now and so much more advanced so we are spoilt for choice. Or maybe if you lack the idea of how to add grandeur, you can always pilfer ideas from other programmes right ? I mean don't tell me you can't even think of drumrolls ? Actually when I think of it, it looked more like they didn't have enough time to plan it properly, like the work of procrastinators.

To say that I was disappointed.. well sure… that was that… but I am more embarrassed than anything else because it was done in Malaysia okay. We got the honour of hosting the first Biggest Loser Asia in our country and we failed to properly celebrate that. Jaga hampa if Thailand or Singapore or the Philippines made more effort and spent more money and a lot of thoughts when they host it next.

I hate being paled in comparison with anybody. Whatever it is, they failed to excite me, when I am easily excitable. Ask my husband... Ha ha !

Talking about that, I watched ‘Did You Hear About The Morgans’ last week. Let me tell you, don’t waste your time because it was awful.

It was very, very predictable, and just like the Biggest Loser Asia's finale, the movie looked like a half-hearted effort. Jalan cerita sangat hambar. And there was no chemistry what-so-ever between hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker.

All the good lines were taken by Hugh so SPJ looked like a humourless cow. Hugh was witty and funny but the scripwriter and director forgot to add in appropriate responses from her. So it was all wasted away for us to laugh and cringe with embarrassment from the lack of reaction.

But the non-existant chemistry between those two was most excruciating to watch. Their kiss was so ntah hapa-hapa, I pitied both of them and us the audience.

Sangat mengarut.

6 comments:

tireless mom said...

CPK

My comments in the previous entry on Biggest Loser tu was meant kat this dept. Bila weekend dapat catch up with blogs ni, very excited to leave my foot marks B-)

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

He he... Kan Kak Yatt ? I love blohopping too....

liadevega said...

i missed the show and was reading the hu-has about it in FB...so I googled up abt it the net.. and like u said very not impressed with the snapshots that I see...macam kecik je pentasnya...I ingat grand gila...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Anon... okay... thank u...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya... memang okay... memang tak impressive langsung.. Malu wei kat org lain...