Friday, July 03, 2009

Beli tiket Transformers

I am down with flu. Urgghh…

Well not really down with it because I am still up and about. Still quite mild, I suppose. Here’s hoping for it to stay mild and swine free, yeah !

Anyway, Dan wanted to watch Transformers again so last night after work we went to Sunway to get the tickets for Thursday. Stopped by seksyen 13 to pick Ian up first, of course. He has the same thing I am having, so Babah had the pleasure of driving two sniffling adults in his car. Heh.

I was so hungry, I pleaded to be fed first before we buy the tics. Pastu memilih lak tu because I so teringin Arab food. Berkerut-kerut muka Babah pikiaq tang mana ada Arab food, pusing-pusing sat then I remembered of a nice Italian place we went to once. The food was lovely.

Pusing-pusing again then Ian saw Information Counter. Ada ka dah tutup Michaelangelo’s ? How come places that serves good food selalu katup but places that sells horrible food (read Chicken Rice Place or something like that… eh, dak dak Chicken rice Shop, not Place) is all over the country ?

While there, saw a bunting of Tarbush. There you go. I know there is one tucked here somewhere. Ian asked for directions and off we go. Entered this section called Marrakesh Market or something like that and we were suddenly transported to the Middle East (macam JetFire buat lah…). Babah was delighted. “I don’t have to take you to Morocco now…” Yeah, nice try, wise guy.

We walked and walked and walked and saw tonnes and tonnes of restaurants but no Tarbush until we walked right to the end of the marketplace and saw Malaysia again. And Wendy’s. If I were Edward Cullen, my father and common decency be damned, I would have grabbed somebody and start sinking my teeth.

“Okay, I don’t care anymore. Let us just go to Wendy’s.” But they boys were not happy about the elusiveness of Tarbush and we resumed walking. Ian stopped for directions again. Apparently there are 2 lanes of the marketplace, took the junction (he he) and lo and behold, there it was, Tarbush, totally obscured from view.

“The food had better be good..” I announced and luckily it was. The lamb kebabs, and the chicken briyani and grilled chicken or something to that effect. It was cold though, very un-Arabic that but apart from it, everything was nice. The hanging tasseled lamps, the plushy seats, the plants, the lovely mosaic tables (kat mana nak beli, eh ?) and the fellows Arab patrons. The bummer is the songs. Hate them.

Ian paid. Babah’s birthday, he argued so merci beaucoup, mon ami.

The ticket line, when we finally got there, was long. But we soldiered on because well, Transformers is important. We were talking, slowly advancing when a little boy about 2, happily ran in between us, then shot off and disappeared among the masses of legs.

“Anak sapa ni ?” I asked when I could still see him. We looked around but found nobody looking at him or for him. That was when he disappeared and that was when we saw his frantic mother. I saw him again and saw his mom looking miles away from him.

I left my post and ran for the little boy who was having the time of his life jumping around. I dared not grab his hand, takut mak dia ingat aku lak nak culik anak dia, so I tried to engage him in a conversation by giving him my most cheery hello.

He looked up at me and boy was he beautiful, with the cheekiest and naughtiest smile I have ever seen. I suspect he has been testing his poor mother a lot. He gave me a wonderful “Haiii !” and luckily decided to just twirl around near me. At one point he did look like he is taking flight again and that was when I decided to hold his hand. He of course didn’t like that one bit and yanked it free.

Mercifully he stayed until I saw his mom. Babah pointed at our direction and she looked relieved. I delivered the precious goods and joined my party. 2 minutes after that I saw him running, very much on his own again, and his mom running after him.

He he… cheeky.

Pandai, anak orang comel, anak sendiri balik rumah mampuih kena ligan…. Keh keh..
PS : Desert Rose, I pakai baju kurung so tak leh simpui baju, so I simpui my tudung... Jadik gak... dah balik rumah pukul 12 malam baru rasa... Keh keh...

No comments: