Monday, July 27, 2009

Only my Saturday...

I have always regaled you about my very busy weekend didn’t I ?

Well today I am going to tell you about my very, very tiring weekend. Kamalia had always asked where did I get all the energy to do the things I did, well Ya… finally I admit defeat. I am so darn tired, I .. well… Babah and I spent a good hour laughing about out creaking bones and stiff muscles before we went to sleep last night. Funny ? Read on.

Saturday was okay. Quite relaxing actually. After the kids’ classes, lunch with PIL then dinner with Ian at Tanjong Harapan. The food was good. My family has never eaten ketam out of the house before. We only ever have it at home or other people’s. Had never experienced eating ketam in restaurants before. Never placed any orders for it.

Until 2 years ago that is when I went to Kuching for work, Ezam ordered black pepper crabs and it was heaven. When the ketams came, I looked at it in wonder, wondering how to attack it with my very inefficient cutleries.

I looked at Ezam and said, “Ezam, I don’t know how to do this…”

He raised his eyebrows and said, “Follow me….”
.
And I did, matching his pace… and quantity. I have forgotten if the rest of our party followed suit. He he…

Anyway, ordered black pepper ketams which was really good. Abandoned cutleries and used our fingers. Babah who couldn’t take spicy food surrendered after 3 pieces so it was all up to Ian and me.

Apart from that we had Jenahak 3 Rasa, Udang Nestum (something new for me too) and Mixed Vege. Kids had Lemon Chicken as usual.

Lovely.

Went home, watched Mummy’s Return to China or something with Ian, drinking tea and eating cookies. Babah snored on the sofa next to Ian, pretending to be awake once in awhile, jumping in our conversation and joining our laughter when he did. Funny guy. Nak tidur, tidur je lah.

Ha ha..

Went to bed, with fires in our belly and sore, red mouths.

Then… well.. Wanna know something even funnier than my butt busting Sunday ? I errm… have to continue tomorrow because I haven’t downloaded the pics to go with the story yet…

Sorry…..

3 comments:

Sheik said...

ibuk....waduh sedep banget mangan ketem di tanjung gila!

saya kepingin juga...tapi apakan daya masih capek baru nyampei dari jakarta..

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Iya... macam selama ni sememangnya tinggal di Jakarta...

Tapi kalo nak pegi tepon aku dulu..

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

sila click blog aku