Thursday, July 16, 2009

I sleep late again... Yawn...

Last night, kami buat perangai lagi. Tiduq ntah pukui berapa, pastu nan la dok menguap. When I was small and the school kept choosing me for camps and what nots (I must have been a terrible student if they kept sending me to Bina Diri…), I learnt a lot of new words like kain sal for tuala and sangap for menguap. I don’t like sangap. Menguap makes more sense because when you say the word, your mouth would be open wide, like well… when you menguap lah. Try it. Me Ngu Ap. Betui dak ?

Could never stick to the topic can I ? Sorry, yawning again, complete with tears.

Anyway yesterday my husband asked for puri. This boy rarely made his needs or requests clearly known okay ? He prefers to hint, to insinuate. Hardly ever he says, I nak makan puri hari ni. He prefers, You nak masak ke hari ni ? You nak ke makan nasi ? I tadi dah makan nasi dah. So malam ni kalau kita makan macam roti canai ke. Tapi makan kat rumah lah.

So I start guessing. You mau bungkuih roti canai ka ? Then he will go, Itu lah malas lah nak singgah mana-mana. Kalau you larat, you masak lah. Kalau tak larat takpe.. kita pegi lah mana – mana tapi I tadi I dah makan nasi. Burger pun tak lalu lah…

I would then be raking my head, trying to solve the puzzle, with whatever clues he deemed is sufficient enough. Okay, so he wants me to cook, but doesn’t want nasi or western food. He did say he wants roti canai, but I can’t make roti canai. I can make the dough sure but I do not know how to ‘fly’ it. Something that is he well aware of. So… hmmm….

“You nak puri ke ?” I tried. The closest thing to roti canai that I can make.

“Yes please. That would be nice..”

Orang lagu ni pun ada ka ? Penat tau nak cuba teka apa dia mau. Awat dia tak buleh cakap teruih apa dia nak. “I nak puri malam ni..” Kan saaaaaaaaat saja. Tak sampai 1 minit pun. Ini habaq dalam bentuk teka – teki, lama ooiii nak bagi jawapan. Aku pun letih dok pikiaq. Kalau jawapan aku tak betui, macam mana ? Why is the process so long and winded ?

But that is him, and I am used to it and apparently I have veered off the subject again. Which I am sure you are used to, too. Heh.

Anyway, luckily all the flours I needed for puri were available. Cooked the curry, made the dough but no vegetable. Hmm… I hate that. I have forgotten to get some on Tuesday’s pasar malam.

Saw some potatoes, and thought hard and well, turned it into a rosti lah.

Ian came. The kids had dinner earlier because of mengaji so there was only the three of us. Babah frowned at the sight of the rosti, totally not the kawan for puri and chicken curry. What to do. I made a mistake when cooking my rosti as I used my expensive Meyer pan which is a sticky one. He he… not a non-stick. So the rosti although quite crispy, would have been crispier if it was not sticking to the bottom of the pan. Expensive pun no point, kan ?

Luckily Ian liked it so not a total failure. Babah, I don’t know. Sengap saja. Okay lah kot.

Ustaz went home at 9, Harith soon after. Abang mentioned Harry Potter. Don’t worry Abang. We planned to buy the tickets that very night. Babah did the bed time reading, I put on a jacket over my tatty t-shirt and Ian wondered out loud if I was cold. Got nothing to do with the weather, bro. I just don’t want to change my clothes, is all. The jacket is just to obscure my scruffy t-shirt from view.

Stopped by the boys' office as Ian needed his lap top then Jubei, now I know where is SS2. Babah followed your directions. Well, Ian helped too. Keh keh…

Bought tickets for Harry Potter at CineLeisure, to be viewed on Saturday. It was miles and miles better than the very packed Sunway Pyramid because we did not have to wait in line at all. The joy of buying tickets 3 days early is getting to choose our seats. Yeay !

Watched a game of dodge ball that was going on the ground floor of the building which was nice. Then Ian wanted to take a stroll and I was glad we did because the place was much nicer at 10.30 pm. It was peaceful and quiet and beautiful. I have always loved The Curve because it is a totally different concept from the normal Malaysian shopping complex. Out in the open, plenty of fresh air with lovely sun (or moon and stars plus a comet if you were lucky). Just plain wonderful. Like a British High Street or to me more appropriately it reminded me of Perth.

Anyway, bought some fruits (very wholesome us three that night) and had a relaxed walk while fortifying ourselves with natural goodness (the fruits le. Ian bought a pack of mangoes. It was so good he bought 2 more. Babah and I shared a pack of pomelo… he he… limau bali Ipoh mali to us Malaysians).

Babah suddenly had the urge for A&W float, and as usual just angin-angin kan aje kehendak hati nya itu and tahu-tahu, we were parked at the A&W Kota Damansara. He he… unfortunately it was closed. Only the PJ one is opened 24 hours. Oh maybe the SJ one too.

So, started our journey home. I had always love night car trips because everything is so peaceful. It reminds of the trips us kids took with our parents.

Arrived home about 11.30. Ian left and I sahur. He he….

7 comments:

Desert Rose said...

Myra,

Bleh tahan ar merayap tgk wayang smp sana, laki I paling best dan paling jauh Bukit Tinggi, kira jauh dah la sangat. Kalau ajak pi pyramyd tepuk dai dulu 7-8 kali, kalau ajak pi cineleisure ka abiss la kena laser.

Tang main teka teki tu tak brapa sgt, tapi yg i get all d time is, dalam on d way nak kuaq makan tu, mula2 dari rumah cam yo yo oh nak makan pizza, pastu sekerat jln cam tukaq kfc, sampai kat traffic lite :TCRS pun cam ok kan??? Pastu balik2 tanya balik kita, so kita nak makan apa ni???? Hg tak rasa nak nak bunuh diri ka lagu tu????? I will always answer back, I kenyang dah makan angin , what about u, makan penampaq I mau???"

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Alamak DR... yang selalunya buat perkara lagu tu is me !! He he...

Malu !!

Dia mmg malaih nak pi semua tu tapi sebab I punya muncung lagi tajam dari dia pny laser... terpaksa lah mengalah kawan tu... kira adil lah, dia bagi teka-teki merapu I bagi muncung tajam...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Tambah lagi satu DR, I suka sungguh cara-cara you... kena berguru nih !!

Desert Rose said...

Ha I pun nak berguri gak buat Puri, oh delicious nye, mati idup balik la aku reti buat sendiri....

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Very easy one. 1 cup atta, 1/2 of that cup tepung gandum and 1/4 of the same cup tepung suji/semolina. Garam sket, minyak sket, ayaq. Gaul. Ambil sikit and roll with rolling pin. Goreng.

liadevega said...

Menci tau..asik tengok waaayaaanng saja..aku baru tgk Transformers, Ice Age pun tak lepas ni...ni Harry porter pulak....pengsan aku nak ligan hang Ala!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Apa plak... kami Ice Age 3 tak tengok lagi... Sebenaqnya kerana budak2 tak tau dah keluaq wayang... ha ha