Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SO now my Sunday

My Sunday….

Hmmm…..

Okay.

Woke up early as usual but no tennis class to send the kids to. Coach has a tournament. Nice… can golek-golek while making plans for the day. It involves Pasar Kelang, SSF and then the Jati furniture shop where we bought our coffee table.

As we talked, the phone rang. Hubby said Abah ajak pegi jalan. Okay, sure. No problem. Where to, I asked Hubby and I don’t think I am being impossible by asking that. If we were to go on a trip, it would be nice to know where it is.

Subang Parade ke, Pasar Tani ke, Port Dickson ke.

Hubby said he doesn’t know but being his companion for 16 years, his flared nostrils and red skin tone didn’t gel with his I don’t know.

Hmmm……

I really thought somewhere near so I didn’t pack anything. Imagine my surprise when arriving at FIL’s house I saw pillows and a bag filled with knick-knacks for long travel. I heard Gerik was mentioned. My brain scanned the length of my bumi bertuah’s map and located it somewhere in Perak.

Okay….

I am game though, but it would be nice if I had brought my camera, said I to MIL. Ada ni ha, I bawak, said the husband of mine. Hmmmm….. He said he didn’t know where we were going then why the camera ? Surely he had already known about our destination but why he concealed it from me ?

I started to get annoyed because even though it is a day trip, I still need stuffs !! Like;

1. Wet wipes for dirty toilets
2. Plenty of tissues
3. Extra pants for me
4. Change of clothes for my kids

I gave him so I was duped look and he responded with a nervous one. Just tell me lah ! He knows I like traveling so why the covert operation ?

It’s okay. Cannot fight in front of PIL because I will surely lose. It’s okay, Hubby. It is okay.

But like I said, I love traveling so I looked forward to the trip while I was already on it because I had no time to look forward before the trip as I wasn’t given ample time to prepare. In fact I was given no time to prepare at all. Sarcasm to the max.

It is fine really.

We stopped for gas and my Mum called. Am on the way to Gerik, Mum, said I. Gerik ? That is far tu.. Masuk jauh ke dalam…, she said. Err….. never mind lah.

Anyway, the journey was uneventful. The day wasn’t hot and the kids behaved. Plus I can’t cubit my husband until we get to R&R Sungai Perak.

R&R Sungai Perak. Gelak takut. "Betul I tak tahu kita nak pegi Gerik.."

R&R Sungai Perak very nice and clean.


Drove past the exit to my kampung. Then passed Ipoh then Abah said take the exit to Kuala Kangsar. I was happy because Adik who was on my lap started to grow spikes on her butt during the journey. Abang asked “Dah sampai ke Atuk ?”, something that I dared not asked and my heart sank when the answer was, “Jauh ke dalam lagi…..”

Err… almost 3 hours already and I started to think about all the clean and dry pants I left at home. Damn !

Passed by Tasik Raban which was really nice. FIL asked to singgah sekejap to see the place.

Tasik Raban


Then we went on and on and saw signage to Kota Bahru. Waah… there is Kota Bahru in Perak also. But then started seeing stalls selling nasi kerabu and nasi dagang. Errm… what ? Kota Bahru, Kelantan or Kota Bahru, Perak ? Sweat trickled out.

It is not that I don’t like it, it was just

1. I need a fresh pair of pants
2. Adik was on my lap. She has been there for almost 4 hours

Adik dah boring.


Luckily when we finally got there I forgot my petty grievances as the place was awesome. Beautiful. Surrounded by trees is this one huge lake. So beautiful and calm. There were plenty of foreigners there eating, checking in and what nots.


From the hotel we found out that there are the occasional elephants who like to bathe in the lake. There was a picture of one happily doing this and it was truly majestic. I was in two minds to ask FIL to wait for them to come. Yelah tu.

Rafflesias and hornbills which I thought were indigenous of Borneo Island only could be found in the Belum Rainforest.

Thailand is like 2 hours away. Kelantan about the same. (Waa !! I traveled that far without wipes and fresh pants !!)

Thailand dah dekat sangat. Bawak passport pi Danok kalau aku tau..


After a quite a good lunch, we started our journey home. It was faster this time because we know the way already. However we were stuck in a jam before Behrang exit due to an accident. Arrived home at 9 pm.


Lunch

On the way home.


Hubby got out off the car with a very sore arm from driving. Me ? I can’t lie on my back. I had to sleep on my tummy (meniarap lah tu…). We were too tired too sleep, we laughed about our day. Dari terpinga-pinga tak tahu our destination to where the bloody hell is Gerik, to waaa ! Nak balik !! Jauhnya !! Panties ku basah !!

I called my mum and mum laughed out loud. Hubby was giggling and grinning beside me. “Mummy… Hubby promised that he will take you anywhere you like from now on. No muncung no nothing…”

“Ye ke ?” Mummy laughed.

“Right, Hubby ? Say Yes Mummy…”

Hubby smiled sheepishly and went “Yes Mummy…”

He he… my trump card for Raya…. Evil, I know…. Keh keh…

We were too tired to sleep.

“You knew where we were going right ? You saja je tak nak bagitau I…” Finally after 12 hours of keeping that question inside. Well not really, I did manage to ask him in Sungai Perak but being me, I just have to ask many, many times for his answer to be true..

“Tak… Sumpah ! Mak cakap nak pegi jalan je… Kat rumah baru dia cakap Gerik…”

“Then why did you take the camera with you ? You should have known we were going somewhere far ?”

“I knew from the way she said it we were going somewhere but I just didn’t know the location !! I tak tahu pun Gerik. I ingat Gerik dekat aje. Sampai Kuala Kangsar terus sampai…”

“It doesn’t matter. You should have told me of your suspicions because I need dry and fresh pants !! I don’t mind going just I need my stuffs !!”

“I tak tahu….!”

Aiyoo !! Why lah this guy ?

“You owe me big, Hubby…” Said I.

“I know….” Was the sleepy reply.

Good. He he….

10 comments:

Nuyui said...

Waaa~
If like that I already kusut punye. Why isn't mask & sanitizer on your list? hehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

You know you are right ! Especially the sanitizer ! Thanks...

Desert Rose said...

Mak aih jauh nya , baik punya jalan2.

Betoi2 Myra, lepas ni u nak pi mana pun En Dan tak komplen dah.

Uih kalau laki i la buat lagu tu, setahun pa i punya moncong ha ha ha

Adventure la

Sheik said...

Teringat zaman kat U dulu. Kawan2 ajak keluar.

Rupanya 3 hrs drive to Penang.

Aku tanya apasal sampai sini? Nak tidur sini ka..?

Member aku boleh sengih macam kerang busuk: aku teringin nak makan cha koay teow kerang la...

Lepas makan drive balik 3 jam.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Nan la ni rasa nak start muncung sebab pungkok kematu DR oi...! Lagipun ini balasan tuhan kat dia. Dulu bapak I pun rajin bawak kami pi makan kat Gombak lah, and ntah mana2 ntah. Dan kata 'Bapak you ni suka bawak makan jauh2 tapi tak sedap pun...." Ha... 8 tahun kemudian bapak dia buat pulak.. lagi jauh...5 jam one way ! Bapak kami paling lama 1 jam ja kot... Ha... toksah kata bapak org..

Anonymous said...

wah..terror betui u myra.....jauh sungguh makan tghari...sabaq sungguh....
so..how's pasar kelang?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Anon... pasar Kelang apa dah pegi Gerik... keh keh

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Sheik, best tuh....

Anonymous said...

huh pegi greece balik hari...tabah betul..kalu aku...mau aku pot pet pot pet..

-haiya anon lagi..

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Iyelah... Anon yang mana pulak ni ? Yang sama ke ?

Anon.. nak pot pet tak leh sebab PIL ada sekali. Nak mampus.. keh keh