Monday, July 13, 2009

The weekend...

I had a busy weekend. Saturday we had a wedding high tea at 2.30 (very nice concept. Ada briyani and kuih muih and bubur) and a birthday party at 4.

Hmmm…. Dilemma for me really when choosing my attire. Kenduri kawin equals baju kurung but I do not want to wear baju kurung to my friend’s do. They are one of my closests friends and I know I won’t be there for an hour. I fully anticipated staying until Maghrib. And baju kurung being dry cleaned only kind of thing, I will have to be on guard all the time, well….you know lah….

Babah reasoned that since the wedding is a high tea kind of thing, maybe it is safe to be casual. Hmmm…. So I opted for trousers and kebaya top. And sucked in my tummy.

The wedding reception was for my arwah sister’s-in-law brother, Ujang. He proudly announced that he will now be known as Kawin… ! He he… Predictably, I shed a few tears while eating because I expected arwah to be there. And predictably, my mom and her mom parted teary eyed and therefore induced my eyes to water. Again.

Hmmmm……….

Went straight to Min and Farid’s and was the first to arrive. Well seksyen 11 and seksyen 9 are only separated by a road so it took us 2 minutes to get there. As predicted, we stayed until almost 8, talking and teasing and laughing.

I had always liked a small gathering of close friends where we could really sit down and talk. The food was good. They barbequed chicken and sea food and it was lovely. I was so relaxed.

Plus the kids were busy playing, so we didn’t have much to do… Keh keh…

Thank you, Min and Farid. I had a lovely time.

Sunday, Babah and I took my mom to Pasar Tani while the kids were with their coach. Babah refused to let my mom out of my sight because he observed, the women in my family all have the same tendencies. So he is very sure that my mom, like my grandma would just go off on her own and would be lost among the crowds. Yeah well, my mom does own a mobile, le….

Babah's father asked us out for lunch. Went to Subang Parade, then had Baskin’s for afters and the kids wanted to go home with Atuk. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading and Babah watched the telly.

Picked up the kids, bathed them then went out to Shah Alam Mall for dinner with the in-law’s again. Today is Abah’s birthday, so I supposed he just wanted to be with his family although only we were there with 6 of his grandkids. The rest already had prior engagements.

So came home, the day rather filled with activities.

Hmmm…..

4 comments:

Sheik said...

laporan enter-frame: kami gi tengok transformers 2. luckily takde sesape nak terkencing during the movie hour.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Hangpa simpui hijung baju dak ?

liadevega said...

tak..kami tak minum...hehe

betui la ala, optimus tu mmg handsome and macho...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kan ? Hai.....