Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Saturday and Sunday

My weekend.

Hmmmm….

Well… let’s just get on with it, shall we ?

Watched Harry Potter at CineLeisure. It was lovely. I love it. But Babah and Ian deemed it boring and felt the movie was dragging a bit. Too much talking, they said. Boys. What do they know ? There were 3 kids and 3 adults, sitting at the kerusi romen, so each adult sat with a child. Me and Abang, Babah and Adik and Ian with his son Haziq.

Had dinner then went home, about 10 I think. Funny thing, my son who is super duper talkative was shy towards Haziq. I had to keep introducing topics for them to talk about. It is okay lah, at the end but let me just say that I am shocked at my son’s sudden ability to be quiet and reserved. Shocked !

Heh.

That was Saturday. Sunday was Adik’s Sport’s Day. It was not well organised but the kids were such an entertainment ! The ones that cried and refused to play, the ones that was so eager to play, the ones that fell, the cute ones, the chubby one and the ones that I want to take home with me as if I didn’t have my own 6 year old.

And the parents ! I love the way the parents rooted for their children and their teammates. Parents who were really involved. One parent even took the time to give his child’s team a pep talk ! The kids didn’t listen of course. For pictures please read Abang and Adik’s blog at http://www.aladans-angels.blogspot.com/.

We didn’t wait for the prize giving ceremony because the electricians were at our house already to repair the gate. So we waited and waited and waited and they were done by 3pm. If I had known I would have cooked instead of baking cookies. Rushed to Subang Parade for lunch (Sakae Sushi… yuck !) and present for a wedding at Concorde Hotel, Shah Alam.

Went home, cleaned up the house, ate the cookies then got ready for the wedding. It was a nice wedding. The bride and groom was truly a beautiful couple. I have never understood the Bagai Pinang Di Belah Dua thingy because I have seen buah pinang and there is nothing remarkable or remotely wedding-y in it at all. Suffice to say, one beautiful girl married an equally handsome husband. Cun dua-dua. Unlike me and Babah, where I was the comel one (I am saying this with a straight face) and he was the one with the big nose. Now after 10 years it the table has turned as he is the handsome one and me… the one with the big stomach, bingo wings and… a hoard of other ailments.. Never on the same page, me and him.

Again, I am keeping my face straight.

Anyway, I love weddings. I love the way it made the bride and groom happy, the family happy and the friends happy.



My baby boy. Langsung tak reti nak tangkap gambar elok - elok.

.


My little girl.




Babah said we couldn't take pictures together because the skin tone is different.



I should take pictures with this guy, he said.



Babah said Abang and Babah pun different skin tones.



Ini baru betul, Babah declared.
.
Suka hatilah, Bah.

Sorry I have no pictures of the new couple as.. well he he… I don’t really know either one of them. We are actually breast friends of her cousin and her brother-in-law. We were invited because well her parents know us, we have been attending a lot of their family functions since her cousin is our best friend. Then when our other best friend married her sister (yes now two of our best friends are cousins-in-law), well we get invited to some of their family functions as well. Plus she and her parents and her sister attended our wedding, urrm… 10 years ago.

He he…

So it was a busy weekend but it was good and I am yawning as usual. That is why today’s entry lack finesse and charm (like it had ever been filled with one) and rather abrupt.

PS : I was introduced to a couple of my boss' friends today, a father and son. As soon as I clapped my eyes on the son, I was filled with fury directed at my boss. When it was just the us in his room, I demanded, "Why you didn't tell me Pa***** is handsome ? Kalau I tahu I would have put on some lipstick !" My boss didn't apologise. He just laughed. I want some explaination and apology !

8 comments:

knv said...

hahahahaha! old couple pun still mabeles maaa!!!!

btw, i think you are still hot!

:P

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I cannot lie and say I don't like that... but I do ! He he....

Desert Rose said...

Dah ada anak teruna ensem, mak dia besaq kuaci saja no, salute.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ha-ah kuaci yg makan radioactive baja ! Kah kah

Hai5 said...

What does a kerusi romen look like? Care to describe? Or put up a photo please.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

ALah the couples seat. Instead of individual seats, the couples seat.. well are 2 seats together. For people joined at the hips.. keh keh

liadevega said...

Ala I think you meant best friend not breast friend kot ...huhuhaha!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya... bosom buddies ! He he